Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

More Circulated/Pocket Piece Commemoratives

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9
Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2018  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
@jbuck, glad you are enjoying as well, and coming from a Mod, that means alot!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1682 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2018  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Check bandsdean's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the circulated Hudson looks better than any MS Hudson.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
688 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2018  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add two_tonevf35 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think the circulated Hudson looks better than any MS Hudson.

"Words of wisdom, Lloyd, my man. Words of wisdom."
PCGS submissions 2005-2018. Mailings(21) Orders(43) / 249 coin attempts. 12 Fails(5%) / Member vouchers(19%) Economy(62%) Regular(13%) Free(3%) Express(3%) / Barber 50c (46%) Classic Commemorative (38%) Hawaii(3%) SCD (6%) Other(3%)/ Fails: Cleaned(2) Alt surfaces(1) Scratch(1) Damage(1) "86"(3) 2 Columbian & 1 BTW; Min Grade(2) DNC(2)-Same coin NGC XF40 Barber 50c. Express fees paid by seller (cross guarantee). Kept the coin & later submitted raw: PCGS XF40 [eyeroll] Fails: Econ(8) Regular(2) Express(2)/// Other TPGs: ICG (2011-2018): 35/35 NGC: 0 ANACS: 0
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
688 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2018  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add two_tonevf35 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One I never thought I'd part with:

PCGS submissions 2005-2018. Mailings(21) Orders(43) / 249 coin attempts. 12 Fails(5%) / Member vouchers(19%) Economy(62%) Regular(13%) Free(3%) Express(3%) / Barber 50c (46%) Classic Commemorative (38%) Hawaii(3%) SCD (6%) Other(3%)/ Fails: Cleaned(2) Alt surfaces(1) Scratch(1) Damage(1) "86"(3) 2 Columbian & 1 BTW; Min Grade(2) DNC(2)-Same coin NGC XF40 Barber 50c. Express fees paid by seller (cross guarantee). Kept the coin & later submitted raw: PCGS XF40 [eyeroll] Fails: Econ(8) Regular(2) Express(2)/// Other TPGs: ICG (2011-2018): 35/35 NGC: 0 ANACS: 0
Edited by two_tonevf35
03/13/2018 11:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
688 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2018  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add two_tonevf35 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Old lot from eBay. Puts a smile on your face, even with a few rim hits here and there.

Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6395 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Hawaiian is stunning to me ... way better alas then my current bright surfaces XF45 example.

PCGS G06? I believe it now resides with another known collector of this series ... I could be way wrong on both the grade and current owner.

I do indeed recognize one of the names in your provenance list for the coin ... its a fun history amongst a small group of friends to track these as they change hand for various reasons.

There are truly only a few of us currently interested in chasing these coins in PCGS honestly graded state ... and I clearly recognize there are many more unknown to me who do not care for the Registry certification and are likely active collectors.

It's all good from my perspective ... and your image of the 'old lot' from eBay reminds me of the time when it likely was only you and our current #1 set were interested.

Appreciate what you are showing ... and hope that somehow/someday you bring that tremendous eye of yours back into the hunt.

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Edited by nickelsearcher
03/15/2018 7:02 pm
Valued Member
United States
423 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Not Mint to Be to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That Hawaiian was my first major commemorative purchase and I loved it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
688 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add two_tonevf35 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Hawaiian is stunning to me ... way better alas then my current bright surfaces XF45 example.

PCGS G06? I believe it now resides with another known collector of this series ... I could be way wrong on both the grade and current owner.

I do indeed recognize one of the names in your provenance list for the coin ... its a fun history amongst a small group of friends to track these as they change hand for various reasons.

There are truly only a few of us currently interested in chasing these coins in PCGS honestly graded state ... and I clearly recognize there are many more unknown to me who do not care for the Registry certification and are likely active collectors.

It's all good from my perspective ... and your image of the 'old lot' from eBay reminds me of the time when it likely was only you and our current #1 set were interested.

Appreciate what you are showing ... and hope that somehow/someday you bring that tremendous eye of yours back into the hunt.

David

David, yes, the Hawaiian does reside in the Registry - I emailed *** and he is still active, but to what extent I am not sure. I believe he is about 50% complete with a single digit GPA.

I agree with you regarding the number of other PCGS collectors 'lurking,' but not entered in the Registry, and also a small legion raw collectors - which is what I have become...more or less. I have acquired some in PCGS holders and cracked them out, and some I'm leaving in the holder for now.

My eye is indeed on the hunt, some of my old haunts have shuttered, and I've been looking for new places as time allows, but not for competition with you and others. Rather, hopefully I can help out and maybe snatch one here and there before these anonymous lowball hunters do so, and then pass along -- at cost -- to whoever desires it the most, or whose set it best fits.

I'm also working on a raw Dansco of my favorite 50c designs (no Izzy or Laffy), and those not too expensive, nor in competition with the active group. An eye-appealing set of two-toned, circ cameo or otherwise PQ, attractively worn coins is what I am pursuing, and trying to be patient waiting for just that right addition. Some have already helped me get the set rolling, and I'll add pictures here as it progresses. I have another where I've been looking for PO-1 coins for over 10 years and have 2 of 5 so far.

One day, I think I will start a thread where we can archive known TPG quality coins, old holders and new submissions -- and given the rather finite number of them in XF and below, they might even be able to be 'named' Many may reside with the active group here, and it will be fun see what sort of provenance they have, or, if they have been spotted at other places, or if they have been cracked and resubmitted, etc. One night I downloaded images of some of my favorite coins from Heritage archives. I managed to save a few from TT and eBay.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
688 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add two_tonevf35 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That Hawaiian was my first major commemorative purchase and I loved it.

I had to run it by Nancy since it was probably the most expensive coin I've ever purchased. Even key and semi-key date Barbers were just beat out by that coin. It is a beauty, no matter what two of three graders thought of it that day long ago.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
688 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add two_tonevf35 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6395 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2018  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've intentionally avoided using names of current collectors in this thread for respect of their privacy ... but as you have opened that albeit limited door I'll admit that I fully knew the correct collection of the G06 Hawaiian and his collection status ... and the name of our current #1 set owner ... plus the others pursuing this wonderful collecting adventure in honestly circulated state.

All of us today are concerned about internet security and as such I'm a bit uncomfortable with using the names of my friends on these posts ... to the point where I will defer to 'ignorance' in a reply.

Perhaps my intentional demurring on who currently owns what in the PCGS Registry of these coins has led to an unintentional interest on your part to 'share that' with us.

The close knit family is just that ... close knit. We speak often and support each other ... so no need IMHO to publicize any personal identifiable information ... even names.

Hope that you can find a way to join us again in this pursuit ... and please note that I got through this entire hopefully polite feedback message ... without a need to spell your name.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Edited by nickelsearcher
03/16/2018 6:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
688 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2018  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add two_tonevf35 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've intentionally avoided using names of current collectors in this thread for respect of their privacy ... but as you have opened that albeit limited door I'll admit that I fully knew the correct collection of the G06 Hawaiian and his collection status ... and the name of our current #1 set owner ... plus the others pursuing this wonderful collecting adventure in honestly circulated state.

All of us today are concerned about internet security and as such I'm a bit uncomfortable with using the names of my friends on these posts ... to the point where I will defer to 'ignorance' in a reply.

Perhaps my intentional demurring on who currently owns what in the PCGS Registry of these coins has led to an unintentional interest on your part to 'share that' with us.

The close knit family is just that ... close knit. We speak often and support each other ... so no need IMHO to publicize any personal identifiable information ... even names.

Hope that you can find a way to join us again in this pursuit ... and please note that I got through this entire hopefully polite feedback message ... without a need to spell your name.

The message is well received, seriously noted, (actually embarrassed and apologies x 10^6 to the member quoted above), and if the forum allowed editing post after 24 hrs. I would certainly do so.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
688 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2018  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add two_tonevf35 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will try to contact a Moderator to edit the post(s) to remove names, provenance, etc.
Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.57 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05