Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Always View Latest 15 Posts On Last Page Of A Thread

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 3,742Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10916 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2020  01:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, yes, I'm pulling all my sleeper pie-in-the-sky requests back for a bump (and I can't believe it's been 1.5 years since I griped about this one ).

On this -- Honestly it makes me want to reply less to a topic if I know my reply is going to be in the last 12-15 posts of a topic page. Yes perhaps I'm vain about that but seriously, why would I spend a ton of time crafting a post when I know my post is going to be missed by most people who only look at the most recent page? We don't give people the option of "liking" so we get "nice" and "yeah!" and... whatever... that knock a useful post to the back pages within a few replies.

Not that I remotely come close to posts like commems does for us, but what if he put one of his prodigious posts at #15 on a page? That's right, a lot of people would miss out, which would be a travesty.
Edited by CelticKnot
03/06/2020 03:02 am
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21224 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2020  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, what do you think?

The "Last page" link will take you to a page with the last 15 posts.

The drop down paging will still work the same.

On the main forum page, the page numbers work the old way, and the "Last" link takes you to a page with the last 15 posts.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3451 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2020  03:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The drop down paging will still work the same.
Maybe it will; right now there's no drop-down on the "last" page, which is mildly inconvenient.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21224 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2020  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll look at it but not sure why that's really needed. If you go to the last page and find there may be more new posts you haven't read, hit "Previous Page" link. If there still may be new posts earlier, the drop down is there.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21224 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2020  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it's working ok now.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10916 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2020  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ok, what do you think?

I like it; seems like a good compromise. Thanks for the effort, Bobby!

I noticed the "Last" links yesterday on multi-page topics but didn't have time to explore.

If there a way to track, it would be interesting to see if people go to the "Last" link or to the last numbered page link of a topic more frequently.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21224 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2020  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I like it; seems like a good compromise. Thanks for the effort, Bobby!

Compromise? Isn't it exactly what you were looking for in the OP?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10916 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  03:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Bobby...thank you! for all you do and for indulging my request on this. It is an excellent feature and I most certainly appreciate the work. I use it daily.

Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I use it daily.
Me, too. I did not think I would prefer to use it, but I do!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10916 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  12:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just wanted to say thanks again for this.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 3,742Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05