Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

San Francisco Mint 2018 Silver Reverse Proof Set

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 22
Valued Member
United States
236 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was excited and planned on getting two of these sets, then the local tax bill came in...now, not so sure I will get these.

I have a feeling these will be available for about the same price for quite some time. The interest just doesn't seem to be there. With that said I'll probably still buy one once it's released.
Pillar of the Community
United States
636 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sales tax on us mint items? really?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1060 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2018  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in for a couple tomorrow. Do you think these will sell out? If so, how long before they sell out? Demand should be an interesting watch tomorrow.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
410 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2018  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would have been alright with that. Especially if they'd included an ASE and lowered the mintage to say 50k in honor of the 50th year.

If they did that I'm afraid the big dealers would buy them out, then if you wanted one, you would have to pay inflated prices from dealers.
ANA Member
Mark
Official Snowbird!
Illinois in Summer, Florida in Winter
Pillar of the Community
United States
636 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2018  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm guessing it takes a week to sell out initially, but will be on sale off and on for 2 months, sort of like the enhanced set from last year
Valued Member
United States
236 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2018  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be ready to buy once it goes on sale at 11:00 ct. Dont see a sellout occurring the first day but I always like to buy when they first come out.
Valued Member
United States
236 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2018  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sales tax on us mint items? really?

Is this new? I've never been charged tax before.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1151 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2018  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The original "tax" comment was that they might not be purchasing this set because of their personal tax bill, not because of any sales tax. I don't know where that came from. There's not even a line for sales tax on the order receipt from the Mint.
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (Bust era), Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4236 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2018  07:01 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The sales tax comment is an interesting one though....I wonder how they get away with not charging tax in the states they have a presence in.
Pillar of the Community
United States
630 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2018  09:30 am  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder how they get away with not charging tax in the states they have a presence in.

It's a State vs Federal rights thing. Since the US Mint is a Federal Government Agency, a State can't require it to charge a sales tax, regardless of physical presence or not. It's the same with military commissaries and exchanges. They don't charge state sales taxes.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4236 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2018  11:38 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Makes sense...thanks
Learn More...
United States
61315 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2018  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No sales tax on coins in my state anyway, so no problem here if the Mint did for others.

Getting ready to place my order. Watching the clock.
Learn More...
United States
61315 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
587 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2018  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add billymac11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my two!
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2018  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add msl2196 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got one! : D
Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05