Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Could the first Tubman 20 dollar bills be printed?

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
558 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2018  2:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
According to this site the first 2017 20 dollar bills have been printed.

http://www.uspapermoney.info/serials/f2017_v.html

Jackson was supposed to be kicked off the note and replaced.

But this administration has said they will not do that but for me seeing is believing.

So until I see a 2017 20 I will assume it has tubman on it.

Now what about the reverse of the bill.

They are going to be redoing the backs of the 5, 10, and 20s.

They have not said if they were going to still go ahead with it or not.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3886 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2018  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this whole currency redesign effort has been "slow tracked" by the current administration. They do not want to be associated with anything the previous administration did or had in the loop. It's just political gamesmanship and the way things work in DC in this day and age.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1193 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2018  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd think it's too soon for Tubman bills to be printed -- there hasn't been enough time to finish all of the security/anti-counterfeiting details. Just redesigning the other bills seemed to take years, and that was nothing like the overhaul this bill would have to get. And then there are the vending machines that would have to be programmed to take the new bills, so they'd have to know what kind of changes to expect.
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (Bust era), Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Learn More...
United States
62505 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2018  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even if it was still on the agenda, I thought this was not going to happen until the 2020s. Was I wrong?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1607 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2018  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, jbuck, you weren't wrong.
Remember, what the Dormouse said.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7547 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2018  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
20/20 I didn't see that coming.
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
29582 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2018  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've also heard that 2020 would be the earliest, and agree this is being slow-tracked.
Learn More...
United States
62505 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2018  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally found an old link...

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/03/04/wom...20-bill.html

Quote:
Women on 20s also wants a new face on the $20 bill because the year 2020 will mark 100 years since women were given the right to vote, the newspaper said.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1493 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2018  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As of January 2018 , Mnuchin doesn't have it in the pipeline.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/12/new...l/index.html
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8782 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2018  01:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And it was such a HUGE topic a couple years back. I guess the attention of the USA has shifted to other matters.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1493 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2018  06:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A cliche comes to mind....Don't hold your breath
Learn More...
United States
62505 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1493 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2018  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would take years to prepare citizens of the US and around the world to a redesign of our $20 note featuring ANY woman, let alone an African-American woman. Educating the masses that the note is legit would be a major, time consuming endeavor.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1607 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2018  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know, Steve. I'll bet most people have no idea who is currently on the $20 bill. So long as 20 appears in the corner, most are going to understand what it is and will accept it.
Remember, what the Dormouse said.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1493 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2018  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most folks may not know the dudes name, but I'm pretty sure they know it's a male, founding father or dead President.
It's been a really really long time since any woman has been featured as a center vignette on any US paper currency.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
29582 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2018  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you're talking dead center, that would have to be the $2 and $5 Educational notes I think!
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.02 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05