Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

eBay sellers - Beware of buyer coinsland1867 (formerly numisport456)  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2312 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2018  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Check kuh_85's eBay Listings Check kuh_85's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! Added.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2061 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2018  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been with eBay since 2001, done a lot of business and made a bunch of money (in the early days),

In the last few years since eBay has done everything to protect the buyer I have sold less and less (by choice).

I'm pretty sure with their current policies that I (as a buyer) could make a 6 figure income just by rotating multiple accounts and filing 'not received' claims... all while not leaving my home office...

I really hope eBay goes good on this and follows through to every extent of the law... but I'm not holding my breath...

Please keep us posted of the outcome.
Edited by Wade
03/02/2018 8:46 pm
Canada
12 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2018  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadacollect to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wade, this may be exactly what is happening in this case. Unfortunately buyers are so well protected that I, like you, am not holding their breath. I'm sure if more sellers had exposure to this thread and would look at their item not received/not as described claimants, and compare with the small sample of eBay ID's provided in this thread, we would see the magnitude of coinlands1867 empire.

Edited by canadacollect
03/02/2018 10:31 pm
Canada
1 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2018  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadasilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello !
I waa also scammed by numisport456 now known as coinsland1967! I was able to do some digging by going down his feedback list and messaging everyone that left him feedback (until eBay shut me down at about 6 deep) sure enough shortly after I got a reply, the same thing had just happened to another seller. With this information, as well as his selling account user name odovdo123( where I found my coins I had just been scammed for, I tried to buy them and I was blocked even though I had never made contact with this account) , I spent several hours on the phone with eBay and did the "report buyer" for every reason they had on the list...as stated before nothing was done and this guy obviously was able to carry on (this was almost a year ago now). And he is so obviously using these buyer accounts to scam sellers for coins ( as well as leaves negative feedback ) and sells the stolen coins on the two accounts odovdo123 & th12coins. Making This connection was not difficult why eBay can't see it or won't see it is beyond me ( it's all going to same address ).

To the guy who got takin for 3 grand I would not let up call everyday do whatever you have to do speak to managers, supervisors, police!

Also I am curious to hear the results from the original post writer. I know I will be calling then back again and filling another report. It is to bad we can not find a better way to warn people. As I scroll through his selling accounts I can't help but wonder how many of coins are stolen
Valued Member
Canada
471 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2018  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all. I tried blocking the list provided....

Numismart123
numisport456
coinisland1867
odovdo123
merlin_93
the_hobbyt_2012
th12coins

But a few showed up as this......

Your blocked bidder list has successfully been updated with new information you submitted. The following user(s) were not valid and therefore not added to your list.

Error: Invalid User IDs
Numismart123 : Invalid User ID

numisport456 : Invalid User ID

coinisland1867 : Invalid User ID

the_hobbyt_2012 : Invalid User ID
Canada
12 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2018  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadacollect to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Use lowercase n for numismart123 and I did a typo with coinsland1867 (not coinsisland1867). The others have since been deactivated.
Edited by canadacollect
03/03/2018 09:58 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2312 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2018  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Check kuh_85's eBay Listings Check kuh_85's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
numisport456 was renamed to coinsland1867. Some of the others may also have been renamed if they got too 'hot'.

Edited by kuh_85
03/03/2018 1:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2312 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2018  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Check kuh_85's eBay Listings Check kuh_85's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We've also been informed that he sometimes uses the name Charles St-Pierre as well as Normand.
Two more sellers who have experienced INRs replied back.

Confirmed list of eBay IDs to date is:
coinsland1867
merlin_93
numismart123
odovdo123
th12coins
Valued Member
Canada
302 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2018  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@kuh_85

Left you my appreciation on eBay.
It's never a dull moment when you sell on eBay. I often wondered if it's all worth the aggravation.
Thanks again L.
Valued Member
Canada
84 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2018  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add upc239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately blocking ID's will do us no good since it takes less than 60 seconds to create a new user ID and from the feedback that Ive just read on all his accounts, it would appear that he has other accounts that he rotates from selling to buying. eBay will do nothing about this. I have to agree with PacificCoin that this criminal activity will only stop by opening a file at a police station or with RCMP and hope you have enough evidence to merit an investigation. No doubt Normand/Charles is laying low now and will wait for things to cool down before resuming his activities. It just takes one "item not received" claim for every 20 purchases, using multiple accounts, to make some serious income. Especially when your dealing with 3000$ gold coins...wow. Kuh_dos to you Kuh_85 for bringing this to our attention...but sadly with no law intervention...this will likely not stop. I hope I'm wrong though.

Edited by upc239
03/03/2018 4:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2312 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2018  10:47 am  Show Profile   Check kuh_85's eBay Listings Check kuh_85's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK. So this morning we got two messages from eBay. Note this was well before the " 6 days to refund the buyer after you've received their returned item" as the 'returned' item was received just on Wed, 28 Feb 2018.

Quote:
The buyer opened a case for 2013 Proof $20 Flora&Fauna #3-Purple Coneflower Eastern Tailed Blue Murano Venet

E
eBay

|
Today, 5:27 AM
You

eBay sent this message to (l300e).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

See the case details.

Hi l300e,

coinsland1867 has asked us to step in and help to review the case on 2013 Proof $20 Flora&Fauna #3-Purple Coneflower Eastern Tailed Blue Murano Venet. The case ID is 5163903913

We'll review the case, including any messages that you and the seller sent through eBay. We'll get back to you within 48 hours.

You can view the details of this case in the Resolution Centre.

2013 Proof $20 Flora&Fauna #3-Purple Coneflower Eastern Tailed Blue Murano Venet
Item #
Sale price:
C $139.95
Quantity:
Sale date:
17-Feb-18 17:06:07 EST
Buyer:
coinsland1867
Case #:
Case opened:
04-Mar-18 05:27:46 EST
View purchased item

14 minutes later

Quote:
We refunded your buyer for #5163903913
E
eBay
|
Today, 5:41 AM
You

This message is from a trusted sender.

We'll charge your preferred payment method

Case #5163903913 is now closed
Hi L,
We refunded Coinsland1867 C $153.90 for case #5163903913 for 2013 Proof $20 Flora&Fauna #3-Purple Coneflower Eastern Tailed Blue Murano Venet. This case is now closed and your preferred payment method will be charged C $153.90.
You can see the case details in the Resolution Centre.
See case details

2013 Proof $20 Flora&Fauna #3-Purple Coneflower Eastern Tailed Blue Murano Venet
Buyer:
Coinsland1867
Amount:
C $139.95
Quantity:
Case #:
Case opened:
Mar 04, 2018
Case closed:
Mar 04, 2018

So went to the eBay Help page to Appeal https://ocsnext.ebay.ca/ocs/cusr?qu...rarchy=2a3a3 and contacted the Escalation group again. Explained the story again, gave the guy some of the other eBay IDs involved, had him read some of the eBay messages we got back from other long-time sellers familiar with this guy in response to our 'broadcast' warning message we sent out yesterday. He filed another fraud report and reversed the refund decision. Then passed us to another guy in Member Services who we convinced to file yet another fraud report and even got him to include the URL to this discussion.

Quote:
MC999 l300e, we've reversed the outcome for case (5163903913)

Dear l300e,

Thank you for contacting us about case 5163903913 for the following item:

322893187857 - 2013 Proof $20 Flora&Fauna #3-Purple Coneflower Eastern Tailed Blue Murano Venet

We've reviewed your concerns and have reversed the outcome of the case. You don't need to take any additional action to reimburse eBay for the refund paid to the buyer, and eBay will make no further attempts to seek reimbursement from you.

Because we decided in your favor, this case, any feedback left, and all detailed seller ratings left, will not affect your seller performance. In addition, any feedback left for this transaction will be removed.

If you have other questions, please contact us. You can reach us by going to the eBay website and clicking "Help & Contact" in the upper right corner and then selecting "Contact eBay."

Thanks,

eBay
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2312 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2018  10:55 am  Show Profile   Check kuh_85's eBay Listings Check kuh_85's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was also just notified of another account used by this guy

scammerbuster1 (formerly normanst-pierr-3)

Nice sense of irony there. He also uses emails such as
saint_norm@hotmail.com (linked to the coinsland1867 account)
st_norm@hotmail.com (linked to his PayPal account).

His full name and address are:
Normand St-Pierre (may also use Charles St-Pierre)
2087 de Beaurivage
Montreal QC H1L 5V6
Canada
514-352-7533

so watch for any variations of the above.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2312 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2018  11:09 am  Show Profile   Check kuh_85's eBay Listings Check kuh_85's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We asked to receive an email once the Internal Investigations group makes a decision. Will let you know if that shows up in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, this guy is still actively buying so if you get hit by him your choices are:

a) Ship with tracking. Video the packaging and take lots of pictures. Particularly any small marks that will identify the specific item you ship. Consider adding some such as a tiny marker dot in an unobtrusive place. Be prepared to spend the hours going through the process we went through as detailed above. Our return case is #5163903913 if you wish to reference it.
b) Cancel the transaction. Use the Out of Stock option so he doesn't get the chance to refuse the Cancellation. Looks like he WILL leave you negative feedback. Reply to the negative feedback if you like (he will respond to your reply with additional nastiness). Note you can report the feedback to eBay and possibly get it removed. Sabotage by a competitor for example.
c) Just don't ship. Eventually he'll open an Item Not Received case. Refund it immediately and it won't significantly count against you. Although you'll want to keep an eye on your Seller Dashboard (under your Account tab) for your percentages. Again, negative feedback as per b).

Any other suggestions please post them! Also, you can probably wait a couple of days to see if all the fraud reports produce anything useful such as suspending the account he used to purchase from you or eBay Cancelling the transaction on your behalf before you need to worry about choosing a response option.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1930 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2018  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say that something done through Paypal would solve most of this, as it is maybe the IP address that counts with them to initially hide the money. Going through Paypal was the way that Mike Marshal finally got them to put a stop to the Chinese fakes on eBay.
Learn More...
Canada
7889 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2018  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you from all of us Kuh_85. I admire not only your persistence on how you handled this issue, but your dedication to the Canadian numismatic community for sharing your experience and advice.

"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Page: of 4  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05