Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1971 Eisenhor Dollar Weighs 22.68 Grams

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 578Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
393 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2018  12:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, everyone. I found a 1971 Ike dollar that weighs 22.68 grams. The expected documented weight of 1971 Ike dollar should be 22.80 grams. Researching further, I found that the bicentennial Ike weighed 22.68 grams. Is this AU coin worth to be sent for grading? Thanks, everyone. Your comments are very much appreciated.

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37109 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2018  04:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Click on coin facts left of page.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17153 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2018  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And if you don't feel like clicking, the weight of a coppernickel Ike dollar should be 22.68 g, 22.8 is just about the maximum legal weight within tolerance.
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2018  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, John1. Thanks for your response but I don't know where to click left of page to get coin facts.
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2018  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Conder101. Thanks for your response. How do you obtain the 'maximum legal weight within tolerance?' Of what you said? What is tolerance in relation to metals? Hmmm... the tolerance that I know of is social-based.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37109 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2018  05:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sosicoin,
There is a column on the left side of the page.In red it reads US coins & Currency,under that it reads US Coin Facts...click on that.Here are weight tolerances
http://goccf.com/t/251134#2113155
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 578Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05