Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Selling my entire collection; mostly Canadian and Newfoundland

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3049 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2018  8:47 pm Show Profile   Check AgCoinAu's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add AgCoinAu to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've been considering selling most of my collection for awhile. (I have been collecting since I was 12 years old.)

I was going to specialize into one certain area and but this past November I ended up with a brain bleed. I'm still off work but with the time off I have been trying to be productive, I also don't know if I'll be able to go back to my old job with some of the issues that I have now, but for now I'm hopeful, it's just a slow uphill climb.

Anyways, currently I have approx 2000 items cataloged. I started with my note collection and then went through all the denominations for CANADA and NEWFOUNDLAND.

There are still more items I will ad for the Canadian 50 cent series. There will also be a tokens section a U.S. section and World coin section. (probably another 2-3K items)

If you would like to see the list of items I have please just send me a message and I will send you the excel file. If there's anything of interest we can take it from there.

Thank you for your attention and if you're reading this I hope you are well!
R.C.N.A. #23833
Pillar of the Community
United States
3093 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2018  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Truly sorry to read of this.

Hope you recover physically and come back to DOUBLE the size of your collection.

Learn More...
United States
13273 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2018  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I dislike reading this. PM sent.

EDIT - corrected wording
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3049 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2018  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Check AgCoinAu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add AgCoinAu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please don't say "sorry" people... you have done nothing wrong... and you don't need to feel sorry for me either.... I have an awesome family... a great life.. I see this only as a little speed bump. One thing I learned from my stay in the hospital was, there is certainly a LOT of people that are FAR worse off than I am. I have nothing to complain about, The only reason I put in the back story is some people want to know the reason why a collector is selling, and some have asked me why I haven't posted.

Currently I only have Canadian and Newfoundland...

When I do the next country I'll "bump" this thread...
R.C.N.A. #23833
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1113 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2018  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Prayers and best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery my friend!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2856 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2018  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AgCoin I had the same positive attitude when I was hospitalized 5 years ago. Didn't want folks to feel sorry for me. I mainly collect US coins but PM me the spreadsheet. I've been expanding my horizons recently.
Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1444 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2018  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wish you the best and full recovery!!
"Completed Dansco 7070 US type album. Upgrades to come"
http://goccf.com/t/325884

If you SEE a post milestone, 250, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10K+, click below.
http://goccf.com/t/316031#2688706
Pillar of the Community
United States
2210 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2018  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PM sent
Learning one coin at a time.
ANA Member #3185431
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
652 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2018  07:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tenbobbit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My best wishes for a speedy recovery.
I had the personal displeasure of watching my mother slowly ebb away on a hospital bed because the paramedics and Doctors at the hospital believed it was no more than a bad migraine.
Fortunately me the " angry family member " got his way and she was transported to a 2nd hospital where she was diagnosed with a " Venous " bleed on the brain.
She made a full recovery and I very much hope you do the same but it did take a little time so be patient and dont rush things.
All the best.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4172 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2018  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best wishes for sure and hope your recovery is a fast one. I'd have a look at any PCGS Newfs if you have any. I do think people going through such ordeals are better off with a hobby such as numismatics.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2018  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My best wishes on and during your recovery. Took me nearly two years to get my legs working after a stroke.

In a way, it was a Godsend as my outlook and goals in life shifted considerably.

I hope you find a good path.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2033 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2018  08:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PM sent.

Quote:
One thing I learned from my stay in the hospital was, there is certainly a LOT of people that are FAR worse off than I am.

Being in a hospital can be a very humbling and eye opening experience that can shift priorities. It is good to hear that you are on the mend. Take things slow and steady.

Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
United States
2712 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2018  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

I hope that you will recover and be well soon. My best friend had a stroke in Vietnam. It happened on a Friday afternoon, family members took him to a regional hospital in the main city... the hospital didn't treat him (came up with a bunch of excuses, for bribery) and won't allow a transfer until Monday. By then he lose motor control of his left limps and slowly drifting into a comma. They finally treated him but he had not been able to recover since then.

Regardless of how we experienced the medical system in the West, we are still FAR better off than many other places.

Best wishes.

Btw, PM sent.
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Valued Member
Canada
137 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2018  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thehammer77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Get well soon
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2513 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 'spirit in the sky' has tried different ways to give me some humility. The most humbling experience was my bout with cancer. I am still a little scared, not that my cancer might return, but because I am still an arrogant sob.

I had to lay back and examine the world. Being friendly with people getting chemotherapy was a schism in my thinking. I would tell my wife how much I enjoyed meeting one of the patients and she would say something like, "Yeah, he's nice, too bad he is going to die." This would jolt me, as my wife was an ICU nurse at the time and was probably 90% accurate.

Your attitude is right, but getting rid of your collection seems extreme. Keep any coins with sentimental attachment or pride of ownership.

Oh, I will PM you.
I would also collect chocolate coins, except for that one problem.

ANA # 3189614
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2090 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2018  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Get well soon and PM sent.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05