Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1967 Goose Pattern Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 3,378Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2005  07:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Commonly called the Goose dollar, it fact it is not a Goose but a Swan. This one nearly became our dollar but was not accepted due to it's size (Crown). Comes in three flavours, two in slver,one with a plain edge and the other wih a milled edge and one in Gold.

The plain edge one has a mintage of 750 and the milled edge one has a mintage of 1,500. The gold one has a mintage of 10 but two was destroyed apparently by bush fires.

The silver ones has a BV of $240, but of late has being selling double that on eBay.
Valued Member
Australia
153 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2005  06:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnsopet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thats a real choice Aussie coin lim and it does deserve double CV
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1079 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2006  02:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KLD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A bit expensive. However an interesting piece in Australian history.

In hindsight we muct be grateful not to have a crown sized dollar today.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2006  04:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by KLD

A bit expensive. However an interesting piece in Australian history.

In hindsight we muct be grateful not to have a crown sized dollar today.

Supply and demand matey...bought mine about 16 months ago for AUD$165.00 and now more than AUD$400+....
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1079 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2006  05:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KLD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
economics 101...supply and demand.

Keep on grinning.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2006  07:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In case we have Oz members here who do not visit the Main Forum (posted in " Buy of the Week" thread)...got this one today without the black tone that plagues this coin.

Maccas is certainly out of date with the price of this coin...
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1148 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2006  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pattiewhack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
where and for how much is he selling it? does he have a website?

Valued Member
Australia
109 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2006  06:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add madbudgie0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done Lim, Very nice coin! Now you just need a 1969 specimen 50c to accompany it.... (a very freindly) LOL!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2006  06:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by pattiewhack

where and for how much is he selling it? does he have a website?

Seller "ehcnumis" is a well known dealer from the old school. Just do a search of eBay.Aust and you will be able to see all his listings.

As for this coin....I have bought it....
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2006  06:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by madbudgie0

Well done Lim, Very nice coin! Now you just need a 1969 specimen 50c to accompany it.... (a very freindly) LOL!

Hi Drew, I do have one of the '69 specimens but it is not in a PNC.....

Right now I am after one of those "wavy" 20 cents....
Valued Member
Australia
109 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2006  06:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add madbudgie0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LIM - My most favourite coin... The Wavy - Then I guess this makes two of us... DAM, I hate bidding against someone I like!!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1529 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2006  06:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lim118 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by madbudgie0

LIM - My most favourite coin... The Wavy - Then I guess this makes two of us... DAM, I hate bidding against someone I like!!

Toss you for it matey....LOL

I am also after the "scalloped" one as well....and the kookamule and the.....(list longer than my arm)
Valued Member
Australia
109 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2006  07:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add madbudgie0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The "scalloped" the one that eludes me! Closest I have come is the NZ version... As far a toss goes... OK! Let me know if I win...
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 3,378Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05