Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Do any of the modern commemorative s feature an exact date?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15508 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2018  10:04 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm hoping someone with some knowledge of the modern issues can tell me if there are any that have an exact date?

An example would be 4 July 1776, in any form.

It would take me hours to look through all the Modern commems so I very much appreciate an answer, if you know.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5246 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2018  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
None with actual dated on the coins but the Washington birth half and death $5 correspond to a specific day.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11625 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2018  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will have to pull our my Dansco albums later ... just to check.

Off the top of my head, I would think the first flight is about a exact date,
but only has 1903 - 2003 on the coin.
GoldRush58 - GR58
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15508 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2018  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for any help you can offer for Modern issues. And, yes, I mean a specific date, such as 3 June 1945.

I'm familiar with all the Classic, but I do appreciate any help on the modern.

If nothing else, I asked an unusual question
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
2456 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2018  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just went through all the modern commemoratives denominated 1/2 dollar and up (so ignoring state, territory and ATB Quarters) on Numista.

The following commemoratives feature a full date:

1993 World War II dollar (June 6, 1944)
2014 Civil Rights Act dollar (July 2, 1964)
1987 Constitution 5 dollars (Sept 17 1787)
2014 Lou Hoover (First Spouse) 10 dollars (April 19, 1929)

The 2007 Thomas Jefferson's Liberty 10 dollars has two full dates (April 2, 1743 and July 4, 1826).

I'm not entirely sure that I hadn't missed any, however.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15508 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2018  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. I sincerely appreciate your work. Since I'm not familiar with the Modern issues this really gives me some direction to work from.

Now that I know they do exist I can spend time doing a bit more study with some beginning footsteps.

Again - thank you.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05