Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1975 LMC doubled die WDDO-002 from B/U roll  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
653 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  12:11 am Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It's an uncirculated coin but some of the rolls from the mid 70's are pretty harsh. Anyway, here is the one lonely WDDO-002 I found in the roll. Arrows note exact die markers from Wexler's site even though the coin is listed both obverse and reverse as "none significant". Probably have to have pretty much a coin minted pretty close to the same time as the one on the site to actually show these trivial markers, but there they are.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8054 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  12:39 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome find! That's pretty cool that you found only one in the roll. You got pretty lucky!
Errors and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
653 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  12:53 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Au contraire E&V, while it is lucky to find a doubled die, it is unlucky to find just one in a B/U roll. It happens often enough, but would rather find at least a few of them in the roll.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2022 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  01:05 am  Show Profile   Check DrDon's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DrDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I opened some rolls of 2014 cents. I found nothing special. There was one notable crack on the reverse of some of the coins. I IDed a min of five per roll.
Pillar of the Community
United States
653 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  01:37 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How is a 2014 coin related to this thread?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8054 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  02:04 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Au contraire E&V, while it is lucky to find a doubled die, it is unlucky to find just one in a B/U roll. It happens often enough, but would rather find at least a few of them in the roll.

You know tropicalbats, sometimes you get very lucky while other times, you don't get very lucky. Just remember, think of it as this. It's like playing the lottery basically. I know it's better to find a few, but you're not always going to be lucky. Sometimes, the rolls can be what we call "duds". Never give up though, because,there's always going to be other times where you get very lucky and find a ton of them. I remember buying a OBW BU roll of 1972 P LMC's and out of three rolls, I've only found one Doubled Die Obverse, that was 1DO-003 in a Late Die State (Which I wished I've found more.)
Errors and Varietys.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05