Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1980 Lincoln Memorial Cent with obverse CUD and Treasury Medal  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
277 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  1:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This one jumped out at me over coffee this a.m. in the roll before the 1980 cud was a nice Treasury medal.
Anyone know anything about both? I'm not schooled on either of these. Thanks.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4342 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find! I love that Cud! It's a pretty good sized one too. You can fetch a small premium on eBay if you decided to sell it. The Treasury metal coin, I don't know very much about them other than coming out of a mint cello from a mint cellophane set.
Errors And Varietys.
Edited by Errors and Varietys
04/15/2018 1:09 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6567 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice pick-up! Put that guy in a 2x2. Looks to me like it is listed as CU-1c-1980-05 on the cuds-on-coins website.
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry Tudor (the lawyer not the king)
Valued Member
United States
277 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, I'm ignorant about cuds but save the decent ones like this one. Another good one I have is the 1994 cud covering Liberty and a couple of the 1974's with the left shoulder die break. I'm into an amazing $25.00 brick with 17 rolls left. In this box I found the: 1984 D F'S-101, 1964 D DDR 002, 1970 S small date high 7, the treasury medal, 1980 cud shown, a 1910 in F-20, 7 Canadians, and 11 common wheat cents. I am wondering if its a collection dump as I am finding 1964 D's in MS64 possible MS65's mixed in these (9 each) and an unusual amount of 1982 zincs, 83 and 84 P's, and 1992 D's. I had another magical brick last year which yielded: 1968 DDR F'S-801, 1997 FS-101, and my sole 1988 D rdv 006.
Im not complaining one bit as I can go brick after brick with dismal results. I am just happy I have found a couple decent ones. What are the odds?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7570 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a nice find. Use those treasury slugs to fill those pesky unobtanium holes ya have in the albums until ya get the good ones!
“I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.”
James Madison
Pillar of the Community
United States
1921 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Check DrDon's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DrDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had 8 rolls from the bank this week marked "1990's" I pulled
1994 trail die, 1991 spiked head and a 1996D DDR all in AU/MS.
When I saw them I suspected a collector's dump. I was surprised to find anything.

It might have been family members returning them by mistake. I think your brick might be the same on a larger scale.

OOPS!! almost forgot, nice CUD
Edited by DrDon
04/15/2018 3:19 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05