Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Encased Coins Lucky Pennies

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 89 / Views: 7,523Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
United States
3036 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  05:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Encased coin store card, good for

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3806 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  06:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's an interesting item. I would add it to my collection if I saw one. Why did you use the heading "encased coins lucky penny", since this is not what you have?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3036 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"That's an interesting item. I would add it to my collection if I saw one. Why did you use the heading "encased coins lucky penny", since this is not what you have?"

I started this thread in April of 2018 with the encased pennies and have added to it any encased coins that I get. The idea was first used when coins were in short suppl during the civil war. It turned out that the cost of the stamp and encasing materials turned out were prohibitive and the since it was only worth the stamps value it didn't catch on. It was used again during the WW II. I can't find the photo version of the WW II one I have.
This version was popular during the 40's and 50's by coin and stamp dealers and collectors as a novelty. There is also another version of encased coins in soft drink bottle caps, with the the edges of the bottle caps turned over the coin.
As this type is Listed in

I included it in this thread
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3806 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, @circus, I see the logic since it is in the book. Still, the book title might be a better title for the thread if the interest is a lot wider than just encased coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3036 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The problem with the all encompassing titles for a thread like is all ready in use one cannot find anything, one wants with out going through each post looking for it In my opinion.
Tokens and Medals has 67 sub headings of different types and token and medals is already in the forum title. On numerous occasions on this and other forums in messages and in person at the local coin store that some coin collectors feel that tokens and anything non coin should be excluded, I tell them politely that opinions are like solid waste elimination holes everybody has at least one!
Each has their own direction and ideas what makes the hobby of exonumia great along with chasing the rare coins in the hobby
Pillar of the Community
United States
4182 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's another from the Pam-American Exposition of 1901 (there's one on the first page of this thread as well). The event became infamous as the site of the assassination of President William McKinley.

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4556 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice addition Lucky!
Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Learn More...
United States
92142 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2020  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kcm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can I play, too?

Learn More...
United States
92142 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kcm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's one!

Learn More...
United States
92142 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kcm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last one, similar to a few already seen. Still New York, but with slight deviation. I don't think exposition of Ladies Waists was in vogue that year.

Kevin

Learn More...
United States
92142 Posts
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 89 / Views: 7,523Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05