Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2018 Antique Carousel, release on May 16th, 6oz, $749.95, Mintage 1000 pcs  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3901 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last week when the rep emailed with the odd hyped up offer with no picture, I was imaging a 5 oz. coin with a carousel buzzing around near the outer diameter of the coin, maybe the horses 3 to 4 inches tall, the main focus of this coin is the carousel, but anyway hope the people who bought it will enjoy it.
Valued Member
Canada
266 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Redzapsid

I don't think most people buying this type of coin have any intentions of selling it to make a profit. I think that they will buy it to display and enjoy the coin. I know that I'm buying it with no thoughts of selling it for a profit. If this does go up in value, well I guess that is a bonus for the 1000 peeps that bought this coin. IMO
Valued Member
Canada
266 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  09:19 am  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have ask a question regarding the silver content and the magnet to the RCM and below is their answer. Hope this will be less confusing for all.

Answer:

“Thank you for your question. We apologies our wording is confusing. The 6 oz is the weight of the coin and carousel. The carousel is made of silver. The mechanism that makes the carousel move is underneath the carousel which is not made of silver.
We have modify the webpage to make it less confusing.”
Pillar of the Community
Canada
805 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jimper FINALLY

Thank you so much for clearing up this confusion on the wording that the RCM posted on the item. So, now we know that in total the whole coin plus the carousel equals 6 ounces.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2374 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From Canadian Coin & Currency:

In stock, with limit of 1.
Edited by MoneyPenney
05/16/2018 11:55 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1443 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Redzapsid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It actually looks kind of cool but I'm going to pass on this "coin" still.
Valued Member
Canada
141 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well it’s just sold out at CC & C as well. It becomes a competitive sport to chase after this coin. Thanks @MoneyPenney for the heads-up; I ordered one for CC & C.
Learn More...
Canada
7789 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
MWario will pay all the taxes out of his own pocket, what a saint, or does he actually pay?

UFOCoin... your comments should speak directly about the coin itself, and not personal attacks on businesses or eBay vendors. Consider this message as your first, and only, warning...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
64 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UFOcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MWario is selling one here for $1000
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collecti...n/1355335991
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6272 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Who will clarify:

Does it come in the "capsule" as spherical dome, like the statue-coins?

Interesting, how it will be looking at the people display.

To make this more 'coin-like',RCM could mint 5oz - 10oz silver thick coin and make micro-carousel inside of the 'locket', embedded into the coin.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
506 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JGG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin LOL!
Valued Member
Canada
266 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Silveroid

I believe that it does.

WILL NOT SCRATCH! Housed in a wooden display case, your interactive piece has been carefully engineered to ensure the carousel’s rotation will not scratch the surface of the coin—especially within the domed capsule.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6272 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for info, Jimper
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2374 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same packaging for both Polar Bear and Carousel coin.

Valued Member
Canada
473 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  08:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can see where this is going - maybe we will see more 3D "coins". Eggs, balloons, UFOs?
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05