So my wife needs to buy a $500 piece of equipment from Amazon
, and I have enough coin stashed away to pay for a sizeable chunk of it. I have mostly "graduated" to more valuable material, and haven't even looked at this stuff in years. I am going to put together date/mm sets for my kids, but it's time to let go of the duplicates. I'm not looking to make a huge profit, but don't want to lose money over what I could get as a gift card from coinstar.
No pics yet, but I have:
- A couple hundred higher grade 1959-1982. Lots of the 1980-82 are red BU, from a change jar my grandfather found in his basement and gave to me about a decade ago, assembled between about 1979-1985 based on the dates. Haven't searched any for varieties, except the "big bucks" S mint varieties.
- Probably close to a thousand 1982-2008 zincolns, all high AU or BU. Searched for CAM
, but nothing else.
- Several hundred higher grade nickels, mostly 80s and later lots of 2004/2005 designs. Not specifically looking to part with pre-1960 yet, but have over a thousand and could thin the herd.
- Several hundred BU State/ATB quarters. Searched the Wisconsins for extra leaves.
- Couple hundred BU Kennedy halves
, mostly 70s plus a lot of 90s. Have probably a solid roll's worth of 1995-P from the same die with a nice die crack.
All of these were collected from 4 years as a cashier, plus roll hunting where I got carried away and kept everything that stood out as being nice.
Biggest issue is weight/volume - I don't have the hours to assemble small sets or cherry pick except for myself, so we are likely looking at needing a flat rate box to make this worthwhile for either of us. I can do local pickup for anyone else in the Charlotte NC area.
Any interest from the community?
I'm not specifically looking or needing to sell, but I do have some "better" material:
- Several OBW rolls of 2009-P Log cabin cents
- 20 ish rolls of 2009-P Formative years cent, unsearched in OBW's - didn't see any doubled fingers on the enders.
- Bunch of loose 2009-P Professional Life
- Unsearched OBW or two of 2009 DC quarters
- Several OBW's of 2010 cents
- Several nicer banknotes; best probably being a crisp $20 (a recent green-colored one, I forget the year) with a low serial number 00000211. Also some star notes and older small portrait notes.
Anyway, thanks for looking! I can post some pictures to give an idea of roughly how many coins I have.