Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Massive amounts of cherry picked pocket change - any interest?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4694 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2018  4:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So my wife needs to buy a $500 piece of equipment from Amazon, and I have enough coin stashed away to pay for a sizeable chunk of it. I have mostly "graduated" to more valuable material, and haven't even looked at this stuff in years. I am going to put together date/mm sets for my kids, but it's time to let go of the duplicates. I'm not looking to make a huge profit, but don't want to lose money over what I could get as a gift card from coinstar.

No pics yet, but I have:

- A couple hundred higher grade 1959-1982. Lots of the 1980-82 are red BU, from a change jar my grandfather found in his basement and gave to me about a decade ago, assembled between about 1979-1985 based on the dates. Haven't searched any for varieties, except the "big bucks" S mint varieties.

- Probably close to a thousand 1982-2008 zincolns, all high AU or BU. Searched for CAM and WAM, but nothing else.

- Several hundred higher grade nickels, mostly 80s and later lots of 2004/2005 designs. Not specifically looking to part with pre-1960 yet, but have over a thousand and could thin the herd.

- Several hundred BU State/ATB quarters. Searched the Wisconsins for extra leaves.

- Couple hundred BU Kennedy halves, mostly 70s plus a lot of 90s. Have probably a solid roll's worth of 1995-P from the same die with a nice die crack.

All of these were collected from 4 years as a cashier, plus roll hunting where I got carried away and kept everything that stood out as being nice.

Biggest issue is weight/volume - I don't have the hours to assemble small sets or cherry pick except for myself, so we are likely looking at needing a flat rate box to make this worthwhile for either of us. I can do local pickup for anyone else in the Charlotte NC area.

Any interest from the community?

I'm not specifically looking or needing to sell, but I do have some "better" material:

- Several OBW rolls of 2009-P Log cabin cents
- 20 ish rolls of 2009-P Formative years cent, unsearched in OBW's - didn't see any doubled fingers on the enders.
- Bunch of loose 2009-P Professional Life
- Unsearched OBW or two of 2009 DC quarters
- Several OBW's of 2010 cents
- Several nicer banknotes; best probably being a crisp $20 (a recent green-colored one, I forget the year) with a low serial number 00000211. Also some star notes and older small portrait notes.

Anyway, thanks for looking! I can post some pictures to give an idea of roughly how many coins I have.
Check out my latest sale:
http://goccf.com/t/303107
Pillar of the Community
United States
8102 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2018  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Steve, Do you have specific ROLLS of Memorial BU's or just wild ones? I'm, in the market for some later copper rolls of the 80-82 P&D issues. May also be interested in the 09 Formatives et al. PM me if you have some...will go checking your ancients now...
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." Lord John Dalberg-Acton

Edited by Crazyb0
05/10/2018 4:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4694 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2018  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Except for the 2009-2010, all loose. I would go to work with my right pocket full of change, and leave with my left pocket full of the keepers for the day.

The 80s were all in apple sauce jars... about 5 of them! I can go to the bank and get empty wrappers, but it would have to be next week.

I'll try to get a pic or two when I get home tonight.

Shoot me a PM also about the ancients you are looking for; short on time for pics but I have some goodies.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4694 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2018  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quick pick of some of the first boxes I could dig out - half dollars and two of the Three Cent boxes. Each compartment is a year; the cents hold about 100-150 coins per compartment, although I have already whittled down the coppers considerably.

Half dollar boxes are 1964-1986 (silver not for sale until silver hits $20/oz again) and 1988-2001

Cents are 1959-1977 and 1997-2010. I have 1978-1998 somewhere, about as many coins as the 90s/200s

And now you have seen a glimpse of my shame
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05