Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Australian Circulation Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 179 / Views: 15,425Next Topic
Page: of 12
Pillar of the Community
Australia
777 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2020  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some more nice ones

Hopely some of you guys can also find some interesting ones
Learn More...
United States
90125 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
777 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Didn't know it would circulate, but finally appeared.

Learn More...
United States
90125 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1546 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2020  06:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

It was meant to but they seem to get snapped up pretty quickly.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
777 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2020  02:31 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well at this rate I think fill a booklet.

Valued Member
Australia
108 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2020  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add squaremealroundplate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Some very interesting finds. I got a 1976 50c in my change at Woolies on Tuesday and I couldn't believe my luck - it is an absolute Gem. Years ago I bought a 1974 50c RAM roll but the 50c from Woolies could have only come from a 1974 RAM mint set it is that good.

I also got a 2001 FoA 50c Queensland in Ch UNC condition along with a few other as new coins this year.

I suspect that these 50c coins would now be missing from some previous owners' collections.

I dread to think of what will happen to our healthy ingrained habit when we noodling enthusiasts, - ok then, confirmed addicts - don't have any coins around which to noodle.

There doesn't seem to be the same eye popping euphoria with finding those coins when looking at my Wavepass...

Pillar of the Community
Australia
777 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2020  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For me personally I like finding cool coins rather then buying and the ones I do buy are normally coins that have come from circulation or meant for circulation.
Valued Member
Australia
302 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2020  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add karloning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It never ceases to amaze me how every now and then 1984 and 1985 coins like these pop up whilst noodling. These are only a few of the examples I have found - they look like they were minted yesterday

Edited by karloning
09/04/2020 9:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2516 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2020  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Karloning, it looks like people are spending their collections or stolen collections. I see coins like that in the till at work every now and then.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,500 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
632 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2020  01:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me how every now and then 1984 and 1985 coins like these pop up whilst noodling ... they look like they were minted yesterday

Pillar of the Community
Australia
3238 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2020  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This thread made me look and make me work a bit hard to take some photos...

Some of the more recent ones - still backlogged on few hundred coins.

Couple of planchet flaw. Have just 1986 Peace dollar with one too - haven't got around to taking photo

Still have all the color 2 dollars and the alphabet ones...
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Learn More...
United States
90125 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  12:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me how every now and then 1984 and 1985 coins like these pop up whilst noodling. These are only a few of the examples I have found - they look like they were minted yesterday
Excellent!
Quote:
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
632 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  12:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Some of the more recent ones - still backlogged on few hundred coins.

Nice finds gxseries!

Quote:
Still have all the color 2 dollars and the alphabet ones...

Can't wait!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
2516 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  05:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a 2019 JC 10c in the till at work, today.
First one of those I have seen in the wild.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,500 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Page: of 12 Previous TopicReplies: 179 / Views: 15,425Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05