Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Australian Circulation Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 219 / Views: 17,167Next Topic
Page: of 15
Pillar of the Community
Australia
707 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  07:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Found a 2019 JC 10c in the till at work, today.
First one of those I have seen in the wild.

... hopefully the rest will soon follow!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
630 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me how every now and then 1984 and 1985 coins like these pop up whilst noodling. These are only a few of the examples I have found - they look like they were minted yesterday

Yeah,but it oftens happens when times are tough,the 'piggy bank' gets raided.
Local dealer told me Journo's called them "penny drawfulls" during the depression and again during the Menzies/Holt credit squeeze of the early 1960's when people were raiding their savings.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
809 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Problem is most people don't have saving these days due to the interest rate policy, so the only coins that are collectable will come from coin machines or ATMs (recently minted) haven't found anything that's uncommon circulation from the early years e.g 1972 5cent or any predemcial, 1966 UNC. However will see tough times have only begun.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
809 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1985 less so and 1984 mintage of 1 dollar is super high however I heard there was stashing it away when they first released due to the fact that they where first year of release.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1590 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2020  06:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Among other things I got two 2001 Bradman 20c pieces and a 2001 SA 50c piece from some rolls this week.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
809 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2020  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Taunting @Coaster

Yeah not bothered with orentiation.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
707 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2020  04:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Taunting @Coaster

... I don't really want to know, but I need to know, how long did it take?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2542 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2020  07:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw a "K" in a bag at work this morning and also a T20 $2 coin.
I left them in the bags, I'll get them later.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,500 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
809 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2020  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm okay not going to tell you how long then I would say roughly do able at your rate, I had trouble with "I" it was last one and not great shape either but I take it since its Kosher. Did gather many multiples of same letter probably etc. U W G T that't the problem its that, yes you can find these coins it that you keep finding the same coins over and over and not the one you need.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
984 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add andyg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone have spares of the new portrait coins?
No-one seems to sell them here in the UK :(
Australia
2 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  06:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biccas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Hi all found this one, just wondering is it normal for there to be no 'HP'?
Cheers

Pillar of the Community
Australia
707 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi biccas and to the forum!

A few years back someone also asked about a missing HP but it was on a 1943 penny http://goccf.com/t/258921
Valued Member
Australia
119 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add squaremealroundplate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

ryurazu great neat set.

It might be a good idea to crimp the staples of the 2 x 2 holders with a small/ medium pair of pliers. The points of the staples can accidently ruin UNC coins.....believe me .
Pillar of the Community
Australia
809 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  12:05 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More average hull this time around

Here some visitors

Page: of 15 Previous TopicReplies: 219 / Views: 17,167Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05