Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Australian Circulation Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 219 / Views: 17,188Next Topic
Page: of 15
Learn More...
United States
91047 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A few shiny ones and surprises, especially the Vermont State Quarter
Impressive journey he took!
Valued Member
Australia
304 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  04:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some coins of note from a bag of 20c coins from the CBA. Was happy with the AUNC 1976 coin. No way that was in circulation for 44 years. The usual Kiwi suspects. The Kiwi 20c on the left was actually 1977 and bar a few little spots of corrosion is showing minimal wear. Was on the verge of swapping it for a dingy Oz 1977 coin till I realized it was an imposter.
Time for my first 10c Noodle.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
3242 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  06:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally found a 2011 10 cents. That was surprisingly hard!

Also found new 2020 5 cents and 10 cents. I don't think I have the JC 2019 5 cents yet!
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Valued Member
Australia
304 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@gxseries - Just finished my first noodle of 10c coins. I see what you mean by 2011 with the empty space on my sort grid. Did get the 2019 and 2020 JC effigies though. Also got a few OS travelers. It was funny that as I was opening the first small bag I was thinking how many Kiwi coins I would get, given the regular appearance of them among 20c pieces. About 15-20 coins spilled out and there was a Kiwi 10c sitting on top. As it turned out, that was the only one from 5 bags.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
2542 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
David, a couple of nice finds there.
I like your sorting board too.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,500 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1590 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  03:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From a change jar I got a 1995 UN 20c, a 2020 JC 20c, a 2019 X dollar, a 2019 A privy mark dollar, a 2019 JC $2, a Wallabies $2, a police $2 and a repatriation $2.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
707 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  05:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A nice haul there David!

Coincidentally, my son runs a business and they are having a Fun Day for staff, family and friends this Saturday where entry just so happens to be a gold coin.
I've already let it be known that I'll be wanting access to the coins at the end of the day ... just hope I do as well as you did!

Didn't do as well as I had hoped ... even though it was a gold coin donation a lot of families paid with a note and took change!

2013 20c Centenary of Canberra
2010 20c JC effigy
2001 50c Centenary of Federation - NSW
2019 $1 AUS - 'U' privy mark
2019 $2 JC effigy
2020 $2 JC effigy

Pillar of the Community
Australia
1590 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  06:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got an Invictus Games $2, an Aboriginal language 50c and a 2020 JC $2 from a family member's change today.
Valued Member
Australia
119 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add squaremealroundplate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

In recent times within the lockdown area of Melbourne, where the rusting iron bars on our windows will, at long last, soon be able to be removed, I've got a few very nice coins in my change during some of my " packed sandwiches with a thermos flask picnic day" outings to the supermarket.

There's nothing like having lunch in your car in a big dull carpark,aye? And I eventually got used to taking off my face mask in the car before starting to eat, too.

Humour has been Sooooooo very important.

A Ch UNC 1976 50c which must have very recently come out of a RAM set and not a roll because, although it came out of the supermarket till, it still had that very light hue like film on the coin which you can only get on a coin from a RAM red plastic wallet.

Three true UNC/UNC+ 2001 Fed of Aust 50c. I reckon these and the 1976 Ch UNC 50c most likely came from someone who is missing them from their home.

I also got a 1997 British 1 pound coin in change intead of a $2 coin.

You win some you lose some

Valued Member
Australia
304 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

A Ch UNC 1976 50c which must have very recently come out of a RAM set and not a roll because, although it came out of the supermarket till, it still had that very light hue like film on the coin which you can only get on a coin from a RAM red plastic wallet.

Hmmm... Odd that I found a spiffy AUNC 1976 50c piece as well. Am thinking it was a roll as the odds seem too great for it to be otherwise.
Valued Member
Australia
304 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Mr T - An Aboriginal language 50c? Good score. I have yet to even set eyes on one of those.
Valued Member
Australia
304 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Didn't do as well as I had hoped ... even though it was a gold coin donation a lot of families paid with a note and took change!

That's a bummer when more coins are going out than comming in!! Still, a 2019 privy is always welcome.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
809 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From the Wilderness ;)
Pillar of the Community
Australia
809 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm bit off topic but David, is that Spiced Rum any good? Hope I'm not encouraging noodling why drinking. :P
Valued Member
Australia
304 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Hmmm bit off topic but David, is that Spiced Rum any good? Hope I'm not encouraging noodling why drinking. :P

@Ryurazu - Not in my books. It has a definite hint of aniseed which I'm not a fan of. Drinking while noodling? Never. It is only there as a solevnt to wash the coins with.
Page: of 15 Previous TopicReplies: 219 / Views: 17,188Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05