Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Australian Circulation Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 313 / Views: 20,968Next Topic
Page: of 21
Pillar of the Community
Australia
867 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  03:11 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coronation, circulated at least 30 dollar and AUNC would guess 30-60, terrible difficult to find now.

Time to rush it all ones that arent interesting back to the bank, I still wonder how some people can get bank bags jumbo from bank.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2586 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  07:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done David.
The coronation coin is a great find.
Keep some of those 75th anniversary coins
for me please . :)

I have a few UNC blackboard coins if you need one.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,500 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
790 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some nice finds there David, especially the 2013 Coronation ... I haven't come across one of those in a long time!
The 2014 Remembrance Day is also worthy of mention.

It's interesting that you found two of the Women's T20 World Cup as this is one coin that I haven't come across in the wild for quite a while now!
Learn More...
United States
92152 Posts
Valued Member
Australia
379 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Keep some of those 75th anniversary coins

Already set aside with your name on them!
Valued Member
Australia
379 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@coaster

Quote:

It's interesting that you found two of the Women's T20 World Cup as this is one coin that I haven't come across in the wild for quite a while now!

How odd. I've got them coming out the proverbial ring hole. Just the other day the tuckshop had 4 coloured $2 including 2x T20 coins. I let them go back into circulation as I already have 6-8 sitting at home although I need to hopefully send some to NZ. If you read this Princetane can you get in touch again as I can't find the original correspondence. Thanks
Pillar of the Community
Australia
790 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2020  06:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm guessing these can be classified as 'circulation finds'?

Today I visited the coin dispensing machine at my local bank to pick up some $1 coins to noodle over the weekend.
Next to it is a coin deposit machine and upon checking the reject slot this is what I found!

Foreign coins

Australian coins

The pre-decimal was an unexpected surprise!
Valued Member
Australia
379 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2020  06:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Today I visited the coin dispensing machine at my local bank to pick up some $1 coins to noodle over the weekend.
Next to it is a coin deposit machine and upon checking the reject slot this is what I found!

A pre-dec left in a coin deposit reject slot? And as for the other coins - a nice selection . It's actually one of my ongoing pet hates. In my recent $4000 noodle of $2 coins I forgot to mention I got a 2019 Thai baht. I've even had a US quarter in a $1 bag. Not to mention a 10c piece stuck to a 20c piece among a bag of 20c pieces. Firstly - the bank has charged me either a $1 or $2 for these coins. At least when I found the 2013 Coronation among the $2 bag I was in a forgiving mood. However, having tried (for purely research purposes) to pass off a Ringget as a $1 and and a Philippines 25 Sen as $2 it was rejected even after several tries. How then do these other coins get through?
(PS No Ringgets or 25 Sen coins were harmed in this experiment!)
Edited by David Graham
10/30/2020 06:26 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2586 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2020  07:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Already set aside with your name on them!

Thank you David.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,500 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
867 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2020  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Depends on the machine, remember it's not just the banks machines it also any coin machine! Please don't get naughty tho, note fiji 50c old ones, new zealand old 20's and 5 c new zealand all do well, however some of the other coins that get through it cause of human error. That's people depositing over the counter and the teller not bother with Checking due to it being too small an amount.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1624 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  01:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good haul with the two 2004 big heads. I think I've only found maybe 10 in sixteen years of looking.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1623 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2020  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My Australian 5 cent collection from 3 years of buy ins.

I am only missing a few dates (Circulation only) they are 1971, 1992 and 2017 and the last is being fixed by Triggersmob with a 2016 Changeover coin.

This is my group 1966 to 2018 and the best of each year.

1966 to 1976 including a scarce 1972 (Only VF though), is missing 1971 though, the 69 and 70 are quite examples.

1977 to 1984, really happy that 79/80 and 82/84 are basically uncirculated.

These coins come from a local thrift shop and are amongst effects of deceased people or downsizers so some of these nice pieces could be from some holiday in the 80s for all we know.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1623 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2020  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Notice I had the 83 and 84 around wrong way, photos are a bit dull, these babies really shine.

Heres my Makloufs, complete sans 1992. Most of these are EF to UNC.

87 was the first circulation year as 85 and 86 were set only coins. Has anyone found one in circulation though (Not Kiwi or Fijian!)

Finally my IRBs which include a run 1999 to 2016 and 2018. the last coin a 2007 I got in a noodle a couple of weeks ago That little devil eluded me for a long time.

Hope you all like!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
867 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2020  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Key date but why does it have to be so bad a condition

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1623 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2020  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it helps my 85 is also quite darkened and worn too, although I was real pleased to know I had one and its a scarce date!
Page: of 21 Previous TopicReplies: 313 / Views: 20,968Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05