Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Australian Circulation Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 368 / Views: 23,469Next Topic
Page: of 25
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2728 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  04:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PrinceTane, you have done really well collecting the Aussie coins. I have found a few more in the till at work for you, but still quite a few on the list.
I have finally completed my full set of 1c, 2c and 5c coins,
I just need 1996 10c now to complete that set. Then on to the 20c coin where I need 1983, 1990 and 1993 Platypuses, or is that Platypi? :)

Steve
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 15,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Edited by triggersmob
11/03/2020 04:49 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3292 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  05:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of the current coins are just boring - haven't had any interesting coins for a while except this:

Haven't come across a die cud on a 2 dollar coin for a while!

I thought the RAM got around to solving die cud issues.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
849 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  06:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find gxseries ... a similar one (probably from the same faulty die as yours) recently sold on eBay for $40.00 plus postage!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
3292 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coaster: as much as I like to think it's worth that much, I had a look and most have been selling at $4-$8. Still pretty neat :)

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Valued Member
Australia
494 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coaster - Was that a sold listing or completed (ended) listing with no sale? I suspect gxseries is right in that the value is unfortunately lower.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1994 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gxseries - you think your coins are boring, ours are boring, I want to send the Reserve bank an angry letter about the fact the only commems are the overpriced proof silver and gold variety priced out of the reach of most people.

At least in Australia, you get some fun with your change - not just errors but kazillions of eommemoratives on every coin from 20 cents up to $2. My recent threads show you all how limited Kiwi coins are now.

= Exciting

= boring

I mean you guys have the coloured ring $2, numerous commem dollars, 50c and 20c coins and now 2 series of the great Aussie alphabet. That is big fun in my book - your mint at least cares about getting all Aussies into coin collecting, not just the super rich like in NZ.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Edited by Princetane
11/03/2020 7:03 pm
Valued Member
Australia
494 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I mean you guys have the coloured ring $2, numerous commem dollars, 50c and 20c coins and now 2 series of the great Aussie alphabet. That is big fun in my book - your mint at least cares about getting all Aussies into coin collecting, not just the super rich like in NZ.

Ha ha.. when you put it like that with pictures I have to agree. Your best recent coins are the big dollars and these weren't even for circulation.

Just had a butcher's hook at the NZM website. Talk about commercialized ink pad products. Do they also get on the band wagon and mint coins for other countries?
Edited by David Graham
11/03/2020 9:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3292 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2020  04:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Princetane: I should have phrased myself better. I haven't found anything too exiting - no coloured coins, no nice UNC, no NCLT - thus my comment on boring on what I am finding at the moment.

Of course finding coloured coins is a win but they don't just appear all the time!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
2728 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2020  05:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PrinceTane, for the number of coloured $2 coins that have gone into circulation, you don't see them very often. I think they are heavily collected.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 15,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
849 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2020  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Coaster - Was that a sold listing or completed (ended) listing with no sale? I suspect gxseries is right in that the value is unfortunately lower.

Just had a closer look David and it was most likely a completed listing as it states 'This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available'.

So as gxseries has said, $4 to $8 is the going price atm.

Valued Member
Australia
494 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2020  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a first!! I'm now the proud owner of a $2 counterfeit.

This coin first popped it's head up when the CBA coin sorter bounced it. I didn't think much at the time but today I was laundering some dirty metal detecting finds and other loose change through our work vending machine and this coin got bounced again. Only then did I take a closer look at it. I wasn't even aware these little buggers existed!! A bit crude but I reckon it would get passed over the bar easily enough on a busy night. It weighs a tad more than the genuine article which is probably why the machines spat it out.
Edited by David Graham
11/04/2020 10:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
924 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2020  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice David hard to find now, I guess someone thought it was a good idea to make maybe 100k of them, I have always wonder did they actually catch who made the coins or at least narrow down where they came from. I believe the person lived in NSW as most people have found in these fakes in NSW.
Edited by ryurazu
11/05/2020 01:25 am
Learn More...
United States
94433 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2020  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's a first!! I'm now the proud owner of a $2 counterfeit.
Congratulations!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1994 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2020  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
David, that coin is awesome collectable as it is. I think you are right, in the light of day it would not fool anyone but at night in a bar, it looks and feels like a $2 so spend it.

It's quite cute in the sense, its very crudely made. Would be interesting to see what metal its made out of.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1994 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Big thanks to Triggersmob, who found all of these beauties for me, not just collectable, but incredible condition too.

Complete set of 50 years of Decimal currency 2016

6 x $2 including last 2 Mr Squiggles I need, him and Gus, the Australian T20 women's team and both 2019 Obverses and a 2020 $2 coin, a goregous Donation dollar and a nice range of 5c and 10c I needed for my noodles.

The 2016 set of 6 all perfect

The $2 coins all ready for my collection.

Bonza Steve, I hope my lot come soon and delight!
Page: of 25 Replies: 368 / Views: 23,469Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05