Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Australian Circulation Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 410 / Views: 25,189Next Topic
Page: of 28
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3315 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After a drought of colored 2 dollar coin, found a 2013 coronation dollar coin (!)

Also I did say that I struggled to find any 2019 indigenous language 50 cent coin - to end up a couple of rolls of them...

No luck with the alphabet coins - haven't had any decent dollar coins for a while!
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
547 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@petef7365 - Nice finds.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
547 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@gxseries - A Purple coronation! Awesome way to break a colour drought!
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My Mother found this coin yesterday. It was in her change after shopping at Chemist Warehouse :)
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2831 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2020  05:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't often noodle coins, but today my delivery driver said she was going to the bank and do I want any change. So I pulled out $100 and said to just grab me 5 rolls of $1 coins.
Not much to be found in this lot, but I did find a 2014 $1 MOR coin, so that's a one in a million find. Not very good condition though.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 15,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Edited by triggersmob
11/17/2020 06:05 am
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2020  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I did find a 2014 $1 MOR coin, so that's a one in a million find.
Nice find!

Quote:
Not very good condition though.
Cannot win them all I guess.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2020  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds everyone, keep looking. Been seeing loads of NTLC 20c, 1 dollar donation coin show up the other.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2831 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2020  06:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found a roll of 2020 10c coins in the till at work today. Swapped it straight out.
Went through it tonight and found some near perfect coins.

View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 15,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
609 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2020  07:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I found a roll of 2020 10c coins in the till at work today. Swapped it straight out.
Went through it tonight and found some near perfect coins.

Excellent news
Valued Member
Australia
60 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2020  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was that coin pete posted the mint your own coin from that year?
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
547 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Noodled $2000 worth of $1 and $2 coins earlier in the week and $950 last night. Have not posted the 2019 privy coins.
Unfortunately the letters from the first haul were ones I already have. The yellow olympic $2 was one I need although it was more orange than yellow. Close inspection showed it was yellow with red specs. Is that normal?
Second haul got me a few more letters including one I needed. Still chasing W,X and Y. This was offset by not a single coloured $2 coin.
I will be in hiding with protection for the next few weeks as I'm not if sure Coaster knows my address!

Edited by David Graham
11/19/2020 2:11 pm
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2831 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
David, maybe you should just sent that "A" coin to Coaster, to put him out of his misery.

OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
547 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Steve - Yeah, if he wants it he can have it. I have a sneaky suspicion however that Coaster will deem it to be cheating. His response will indicate if he is a genuine masochist or not!
Page: of 28 Previous TopicReplies: 410 / Views: 25,189Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05