Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Australian Circulation Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 410 / Views: 25,223Next Topic
Page: of 28
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1724 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've forgotten to post but I got a 1995 UN 20c, a 2001 Canberra 20c, a 2016 anniversary 20c and a 2016 5c anniversary 5c among other things recently.
Lots of 2020 5c and 20c pieces too.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
547 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Tigersmob - Geez, I hadn't noticed it was the NCLT Kingsford-Smith coin till you pointed it out. I get the LCT ones frequently, only kept this one as it was in good nick compared to what I usually find. Thanks for pointing it out.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2833 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  02:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks for pointing it out.

My pleasure,

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 15,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
547 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  01:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another noodle of $1 and $2 coins. I was missing the Mr Squiggle dollar and quite a few commemorative keepers. 6 alphabet coins is a new record for a 500 coin bag but alas, all ones I have.
Edited by David Graham
01/18/2021 01:02 am
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2197 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great score, you seem to find the best coins.

And can you still offload them into Pokies?

When I was last there in 2013, I was still gambling and I remember lots of $1 coins in their pokie bars.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
547 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

And can you still offload them into Pokies?

I guess so as there are plenty of pokies still around but never been a big user myself. Used to have a little flutter at my local golf club after the Saturday comp but that was mainly because of the guys I played with wanted to play the pokies.

BTW - Am finally sorting my Kiwi coins so will be in touch with my wants list.
Edited by David Graham
01/18/2021 3:22 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
547 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  01:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another bunch of goldies noodled. Some nice keepers. Still have yet to see a Qantas $1 in the wild. A nice distraction from sorting my Kiwi coins.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
547 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  01:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Speaking of Kiwi coins, I usually don't get excited when I find Kiwi coins except for this fine lot that Princetane circulated across the Tasman for me. Cracker lot! Thanks PT.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2197 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  02:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My pleasure, glad to see they only took 2 and a bit weeks. Let me know your wants list as I am working on mine (Hint hint qantas and a JC 50 cents etc).

I could probably send a few more those dollaz your way too!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  03:44 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@princetane yes you can still use change in pokies machines, I think some don't take 5 cents coins. however I never pay them only watch others play.

JC 50c 2019 are extremely difficult to find in circulation already mintage is estimated at 250K-150K with RAM figures at 70K minted however that doesn't include rolls or bag for some reason don't ask me why tho

IRB 50c 2019 are now showing up at a reasonable rate to make them findable but my guess is they will almost be gone from circulation by the end of next year.

gonna try to hit a post with all the NLTC 50c and 20c ive pick up from circulation
Pillar of the Community
Australia
547 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  04:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

My pleasure, glad to see they only took 2 and a bit weeks. Let me know your wants list as I am working on mine (Hint hint qantas and a JC 50 cents etc).

Qantas put aside for you PT (how many do you need?). May have a 2019 JC stuck away. Will go through my Aussie coins this week and see what turns up. Anything else? I'll see what the weekend rummage turns up that piques your interest.
Definitely chasing the 3 1989 C'wealth games dollars that weren't in the year set.
Thanks
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3316 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  05:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pulled a few interesting ones. Haven't got around to processing all photos.

1989 1 dollar

Looks different in hand. You can tell it has a different luster.

This one is interesting - will open a separate thread on this.

My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
547 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find with those 2 coins Gxseries - especially the 1989 as it was only released in sets.
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
Page: of 28 Previous TopicReplies: 410 / Views: 25,223Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.9 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05