Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Australian Circulation Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 464 / Views: 30,814Next Topic
Page: of 31
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2670 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DG - I will take one of each if they are shiny of the following

1996 Parkes, 2001, Voluneteers, 1999 Old people, 2002 Outback, 2005 Peace, 2008, 2009, 2010 ones, 2011 Chogm, 2015, 16 and 18 Anzac - name your price, I could send a few more Kiwi big dollars and Anzac 50 c your way! Email me if you like.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
711 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PT - Will go through them this weekend and set what I can aside for you. Have been purchasing some year sets recently so my collection of Kiwi dollars is looking healtheir. I am seeking the 3 1989 dollars for the games that weren't included with the year set (have the weightlifting one). Also just realised I don't have a single Kiwi penny. . I'll e-mail you this weekend.
Edited by David Graham
04/15/2021 5:59 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
661 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Along with 20c bag I also grabbed a bag of 500 $1. On the way home I could see lots of shiny coins so assumed they were recent mintages. I realised this was not the case when I started noodling the contents. It was one of those "What the heck?" moments. Of the 500 coins, 247 were commemoratives. Has anyone had this ratio of commemoratives before? Furthermore, many of the coins (including the commemoratives) were high lustre with quite a few bordering UNC.

Yes,until she was transferred a local teller used to tell me when interesting Coins came in,got a couple of bags(A$50) of commemoratives and several of the 2001 Federation Coins.
People hoarding them and then deciding to cash in for whatever reason.
Same at our local TAB,amazing what turns up there in mint condition out of someones draw or bottle.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1763 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a donation dollar and a couple of coloured $2 coins from a family member's change jar (one was a 2017 I think; can't remember the other).
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1041 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Noodled
Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1041 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  12:11 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Argh you suck me in Auspost, God darn it now I have get the first set in the booklet.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
711 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  02:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if there will be a limited privy mark letter like last time?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3027 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  05:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder if there will be a limited privy mark letter like last time?

David, not a privy mark, but a coloured coin for letter G.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
711 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

David, not a privy mark, but a coloured coin for letter G.

Steve :)

Ah, I spotted a coloured coin on the front of the folder but didn't twig. Makes sense now.
Valued Member
Australia
371 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  03:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add karloning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Worst noodle ever! Six hundred dollar coins all for
1 x Donation
1 x 2019 W
1 x 2014 MOR

And NOTYHING else. Nothing over 2016, no NCLT - nothing.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
711 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Worst noodle ever!

Yeah, my last 2 $500 batches were pretty dismal. Last one had at least 1 NCLT (commonwealth games dollar), otherwise a letter A and 2 relatively shiny commemoratives. 4 keepers out of 500. Not good.
Edited by David Graham
05/11/2021 4:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2670 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  02:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
David - Maybe the bank is just giving you back all the rejected coins you noodled a few years ago?
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
David - Maybe the bank is just giving you back all the rejected coins you noodled a few years ago?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
711 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Maybe although I do mark the 1966 20c and 2000 $1 pieces just to see if any come back. None so far. My quest for a 1966 wavy will take a severe battering if the noodled blighters start turning up again.
Page: of 31 Previous TopicReplies: 464 / Views: 30,814Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05