Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Australian Circulation Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 618 / Views: 46,012Next Topic
Page: of 42
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3955 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  02:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This counts as circulation coins as Triggersmob went through a lot of change to get me all this good stuff (Yes he also brought some stuff too - but whose counting).

Sets 2 and 3 of the Alphabet dollaz

17 of the 26 coins from the 2019 set of alphabet dollaz - these were circulating until recently.

The bag behind includes a lot of recent circulation coins and nice pieces he got for me.

Thanks Triggersmob - a Bonza addition to my trew blew Aussie collection.

He also got me the WIGGLES collection - but thats blatant NCLT!

Next goal - a spew roo!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
517 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  04:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
17 of the 26 coins from the 2019 set of alphabet dollaz - these were circulating until recently.

Me thinks they were removed from circulation a while ago (unless of course there was some cheating involved and they were removed from a tube).

I speak from experience when I say that it's a hard slog finding a full set of the 2019 series nowadays - and they won't be lustrous like those nice coins you've got there Princetane.
Edited by MachinMachinMan
05/30/2022 04:39 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3934 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  06:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks Triggersmob

My pleasure mate and thanks for the coins you send me.

Quote:
Next goal - a spew roo!

Don't count on me for that one. I don't collect errors and varieties so I don't even check for them.

View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1170 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PT - RU still chasing any of the alphabet coins? I'm noodling them all the time.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3934 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
PT - RU still chasing any of the alphabet coins? I'm noodling them all the time.

David, from my list I think PT still needs 2019 E,F, I, M, P, Q, S, W, X.
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3955 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And DG if you are offering - A spew roo. Just the name puts me into paroxlysms of laughter. A search on the site found several threads on Spew roos going back to 2011!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Australia
35 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jens coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this is one I sold recently.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
517 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
this is one I sold recently.

jen, let me guess, that's a 2015
Australia
35 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  01:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jens coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes MachinMachinMan 2015 Spew Roo.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1170 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

And DG if you are offering - A spew roo.

I think I did put some error dollars aside when I first started noodling. I don't collect error coins per se so kept these more out of curiosity. Will have a check though I think my specimens had less chunder than the coins above. I also have some rabbit ears somewhere. Will put them aside for you if I can find them.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3955 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2022  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jens coins - must have been a diseased koala that roo ate!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3955 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2022  03:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At my Auckland coin club meeting the other night we usually have a show and tell section after our talk.

Most of the time its my latest halfcrown or florin - but last Wednesday it was the Australian alphabet dollars that Steve sent me, I took the tubes of set 2 and 3 out and arranged them on the table. Not even passing it around, like we are supposed to. On display was several 19th century medals, a prutah coin from Israel from like 50BC or something, a UNC 1715 shilling, Mughal silver rupees, a Roman wedding ring and Byzantine solidus - yet everyone mobbed me and went nuts admiring these Aussie Alphabet dollars - it was crazy.

Sometimes its the newer stuff that amazes.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3934 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2022  03:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
yet everyone mobbed me and went nuts admiring these Aussie Alphabet dollars

Well it's good to know someone likes them.
I think the third set looks best. Just shame about the X.
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
517 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  02:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I posted this in another thread but I think it belongs here as well. After all it's not often coloured NCLT is found in circulation.

2015 Unlikely Heroes: Ship's Cat

Page: of 42 Previous TopicReplies: 618 / Views: 46,012Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: