Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Elongated Coins/Pennies

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 42
Learn More...
United States
83978 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
6343 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first three Portuguese elongates! I got them all from a machine in Lisbon on Tuesday. They are pressed on 5 euro cent coins.

1) The Belem Tower on the bank of the River Tagus:

2) Jeronimos Monastery, where some of the great Portuguese explorers are buried. Part of it now houses a Maritime Museum:

3) The Monument of the Discoveries, honoring Portugal's explorers who sailed across the Atlantic and Pacific, discovering new lands:
Learn More...
United States
83978 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
6343 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2020  11:11 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More elongates from my recent cruise - these are from the La Geria and El Grifo wine cellars on the island of Lanzarote:

Learn More...
United States
83978 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2020  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
More elongates from my recent cruise - these are from the La Geria and El Grifo wine cellars on the island of Lanzarote:
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2819 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  05:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of the Bi-monthly freebies for the membership of TEC
Pillar of the Community
United States
2819 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  05:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn More...
United States
83978 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2819 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  05:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn More...
United States
83978 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2819 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  06:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This next grouping came from the Henry Ford museum, or as it is now called The Ford.

This one is the Fords Psalm, it is a take off on the Psalm 23
Edited by Circus
02/22/2020 8:16 pm
Learn More...
United States
15355 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  07:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one @circus! It is a little early, but here is a Day of the Dead elongated cent that I picked up recently:

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
2819 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  06:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn More...
United States
15355 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an elongated cent from Balboa Park in San Diego, CA showcasing the California Tower that is connected to the Museum of Man. For the host coin, I chose a 1923-dated Wheat cent. It was the only cent that I had at the time on me as I had just pulled it from circulation, but I'm interested to hear if others would have saved the cent for their collection or used it (as I did).

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
2819 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  07:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would use it since they make a much nicer elongated. Wheaties are cheap you can buy bags of the commons for a couple bucks @ the LCS. Mother had 7 3 lbs coffee cans filled with pennies. Went and pulled all the wheaties and maple leafs out. All you have to do is scroll back through the postings in this thread and see the zincer's that pulled apart during the elongation process. depending on the design some are terrible looking.
Page: of 42 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05