Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Large Cent - A Candidate For Verdicare Treatment?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1415 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  1:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Steelers72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I intend on removing this coin from its holder so it can reside in an album. I noticed a patch of green on the obverse near the ear. Should I attempt a VerdiCare spot treatment? Graded MS64BN straight by PCGS

Edited by Steelers72
05/17/2018 4:24 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13034 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would consider doing the whole coin . spot treatment might show nicely and the rest of the coin will be dull .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3724 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A spot treatment might make it look splotchy.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46321 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree as well. Nice looking coin!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't touch it.
Learn More...
United States
84328 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would probably leave this one alone. I might give a different answer if it were raw.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1415 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steelers72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I plan on removing it for my album anyway, I think the VerdiCare would do it good, but unsure if doing the full coin would make a difference
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Take photos. Put those in your album.

Save this in slab.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
13763 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ moxking

Quote:
I wouldn't touch it.

@ jbuck

Quote:
I would probably leave this one alone. I might give a different answer if it were raw.

with both
Valued Member
New Zealand
148 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  02:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aoraki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Dorado +1
Pillar of the Community
United States
4549 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Verdi-Care would move the coin into the "cleaned" category.
The TPG's could detect that.
But if that's not a problem for you, go for it.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2575 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you do not like the coin, sell it and buy one you like.
Learn More...
United States
84328 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2018  01:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I plan on removing it for my album anyway, I think the VerdiCare would do it good, but unsure if doing the full coin would make a difference
If you are going to crack it, then it might help. I would do the whole coin though.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13034 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2018  07:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Verdi-care would move the coin into the "cleaned" category.

Are we going to go through this again ? Verdi-Care is not a cleaner ,it's conservation and preservative .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2018  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I say go for it. Make sure to treat the whole coin, not a small spot.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7204 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2018  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do whatever you want. It's your coin and if you crack it and put it in an album, you plan on having it for a long time anyway. So what's the difference, do what makes you happy. I'm leaving it in the slab.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05