Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your presidential (and other) campaign commemorative challenge coins and tokens!  

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1220 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that DrDarryl, is quite impressive!! Those are the kind of collectable that are priceless! Great story thank you for sharing.
My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5321 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are absolutely incredible...and 5 of them! The honor of owning a piece of history like that is just beyond what I can imagine. Congratulations on these and thanks so much for sharing.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Learn More...
United States
58002 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My collection of five President Kennedy special Government medals (procured by the White House Office for President Kennedy's use). These medals functioned as a presidential apprecitory award. 44 mm in diameter and in bronze. Only 300 were struck. Designer was Frank Gasparro.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1340 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DrDarryl,

those are indeed very nice
"Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein

If you SEE a post milestone, 250, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10K+, click below.
http://goccf.com/t/316031#2688706
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1220 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your patience everyone! I only order once a month and then must wait for those orders to arrive. This one arrived today and I have two others I'm still waiting for.

The diameter is 38.9mm

Thickness is 3.1mm

The edge is reeded.

It was designed by Bernard von NotHaus, the monetary architect of the Liberty Dollar.
And Other than it being one AV ounce copper there is not much information on them even from Thr site which sells them. Trumpdollar.us
I apologize for the quality of the pics,mi don't think I'll ever figure out how to get the lighting right.

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Edited by Tootallious
07/12/2018 11:05 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5321 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one Toot! That looks great in Copper. I am still waiting for a couple 2016 pieces that will look nice with my Kennedys since they have the same REV and are of half dollar diameter.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1220 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Earle42! I really wanted to order the .999 silver one but I have way too many other priorities to justify the$$$. Someday though

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7394 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  12:29 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mr. von Nothaus seems like an interesting person, even to the Secret Service.
Bad puns make me [sic].

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1220 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  12:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Stephen! I've read a little bit about him. If I ever go to Hawaii I'm definitely going to visit the church that he founded!

Edited by Tootallious
07/13/2018 12:44 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7394 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  01:13 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have no doubt.

I would just be happy to visit Hawai'i.
Bad puns make me [sic].

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1220 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is one that arrived today. I had the high bid (The only bid) of $1 on this token. I searched unsuccessfully for the maker and the only information that I did find was from en.numista.com

Weight 8.7g

Diameter 28.65mm

Edge Reeded

I believe that's it is brass.

Obverse Lettering-

37th President U.S.A.

1969-1974

Richard M. Nixon

Reverse Lettering-

"Dick"

House of Rep. 1946-1950

Senator 1950-52

Vice President 1952-1960

In Eisenhower Administration

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7394 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's a bit of die deterioration on the obverse.
Bad puns make me [sic].

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1220 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There's a bit of die deterioration on the obverse.

Lol, Yeah I figured someone would say something about that. Look at the "T" in Senator. It's like a ghost T. This token has been through a lot and it shows. But for a $1, what the heck.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7394 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2018  12:54 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Look at the "T" in Senator. It's like a ghost T.

I did notice that. Grease? It certainly stands out.
Bad puns make me [sic].

Pillar of the Community
United States
5321 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2018  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Abuse of power - as was proven by their forced return of what they took from him (unprecedented) instead of cash reimbursement.

I am trying my best not to be political - the following is is just stated as the verifiable fact. Please take it from a position of history. Following is a CCF link to the history as I typed it before. Sources of information are mentioned after the enumerated points and likely still verifiable online.

The only correction I want to make is on the point about Mr. Von Nothaus selling the rights to his designs and the company who was making that design. I should have included that the new company was making the new rounds not long after the court case and before sentencing - yet were never touched by the FBI! Which again shows it was all about making sure the growing concept of using PM was going to be silenced. This was the real goal of the crime.

Enjoy the read. I read the actual court documents online and guess they are still out there somewhere.

Here is the story:
http://goccf.com/t/278048#2358391

- Real men play Fizzbin.
Edited by Earle42
07/14/2018 12:28 pm
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.04 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05