Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

In appreciation of standing liberty quarters.  

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2018  02:59 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just my personal opinion, but I think the Standing Liberty quarter is one of the most interesting coin designs I've seen. I especially like the reverse with the eagle in flight.
I can remember as a child getting them occasionally in change and thinking how different they looked.
I'd really like to complete a set of them, but there are a few that are just plain out of range for me pricewise.
Here's a picture of one of the few I own, all taken from circulation and passed down through family members.

I'd really like to hear some of your thoughts on the SLQ, and see some photos of your coins, though I'm sure they'll make me jealous.
I never met a man I didnít like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didnít like - DeputyMax
Pillar of the Community
United States
2769 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2018  03:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool series. The design is absolutely beautiful! But I can't get into collecting them because I don't care for small coins. I wish they used the design on silver dollars and scrapped the Peace dollar idea.

Here's my one and only graded example. I have many more in lower grades that I have purchased in bulk over the years.
But for now, one high-quality graded example is enough to suit my needs.

Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2018  03:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was right, I'm jealous.
Learn More...
United States
12927 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2018  03:30 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1917 Standing Liberty quarter - Type1

and

<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1340 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2018  04:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SLQ is one of two favorite designs for me.
The other is Walking Liberty halves!!

"Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein

If you SEE a post milestone, 250, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10K+, click below.
http://goccf.com/t/316031#2688706
Pillar of the Community
United States
5259 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2018  06:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Modern example

Pillar of the Community
United States
760 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2018  06:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of my favorite coins.
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8257 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2018  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes , a beautiful design . But they are pricey in AU-UNC.
The nicest one I own is a 1930-P in VF-30 .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
United States
3428 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2018  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't forget, there are 3 versions of the Standing Liberty quarter:
-- Type 1 - No stars below the eagle
-- Type 2, Variety 1 - Stars below the eagle; date on pedestal (1917-1924)
-- Type 2, Variety 2 - Stars below the eagle; date recessed in pedestal (1925-1930)
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Edited by kanga
05/26/2018 08:43 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1472 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2018  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aristarchus123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought one as a kid at a local coin shop. It is the only one I have!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16685 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2018  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm just having a problem getting that 1916 One in at least a MS-66 grade. I wonder why the Mint stopped making those.
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15596 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2018  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Almost anyone collecting classic will include the Standing Liberty quarter.

For the cent, Indian Head.
For the nickel, Buffalo.
For the dime, Mercury (liberty).
For the half, Walking Liberty.
For the Dollar - too mixed to be definitive, though the Morgan would almost certainly grab the top popularity spot.

We all know the gold would be 1907-1933, for almost every one.

I prefer to have a wicked killer type, rather than the full sets, although I have completed some of the sets simply because of my assembly of year sets.

All of those are addictive. Thanks for all the beautiful examples shown.

Pillar of the Community
United States
5321 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2018  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awhile ago I started to think seriously about this series, but got sidetracked. I need to get back to it sometime.

Here is a Carr fantasy overstrike - pretty in hand:

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Valued Member
United States
110 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2018  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cjartist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My completed 7070 Album! :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
5321 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2018  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful!
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2018  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Everybody's photos have made me realize that I'm going to have to bite the bullet and spend some money on some nice Standing Liberty quarters.
Long Beach is coming up in a couple of weeks and since I live only about 15 miles from there I guess I'll go and see what I can get. I hope I can find some specials that I can grab.
Edited by DeputyMax
05/26/2018 5:06 pm
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05