Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Time To Sell My Zimbabwe 100 Trillion Note?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 2,485Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
117 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2018  1:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add trikdoutcobalt to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I see lately that the 100 trillion notes are going for around $100 CAD, is it finally time to sell mine? I don't usually like to sell my notes in my collection but I've turned recently to only keeping the current notes of a country and seeing as they have the bond notes now, however they are seen as, I may just sell mine as I got it from a dealer in Ottawa while visiting a friend 5 or 6 years ago for only $5. I also have the 100 million and 100 billion in the same page in a folder as a 'set'. Last year on eBay they were going ro around $50 and now $100, which seems pretty crazy to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6125 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2018  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's likely a bubble - I would cash in now while you can! If the price drops in the future, you can buy another one and still have free money for other things.
My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Learn More...
United States
14463 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2018  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Selling for $100 CAD?
I bought mine for $19 US.
(that's not a type-o dollar sign one nine)
Rest in Peace
10197 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2018  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canadians Fuzzy, they go gaga over glow in the dark coins!
Pillar of the Community
United States
766 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2018  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chipjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you are not asking face.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11578 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2018  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I bought mine for $19 US.

Same here.

I'm hoping the 2008 series $10k Z note comes down in the near future. That one's as bad as the $100T note.
Valued Member
Canada
469 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2018  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Back in 2010 one of the guys at work bought a whole bundle (1000) of these notes in UNC for a few cents each and sold them on eBay for $2 a piece. Around 20 of them had a only a partial print on the little gold foil. He told me that he did not want to list these because they were defective. I suggested that he list them as errors and he managed to sell these for around $5 each.

He was happy enough with my suggestion that he gave me 1 of the regular notes as a gift. This is the only one I have.

Honestly I do not want to ask him if he knows what they are worth now.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11578 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for the topic necro but I was poking around ebay and other banknote sites to see if there were any recent additions to Zimbabwe paper money, and also poking around older related articles here on CCF.

The answer to the OP's (trikdoutcobalt's) 4-year-old question at the time was "hold".

100T ZWR are currently going from anywhere from 150-200 USD on eBay. If memory serves that has been the going rate for a while now. So now might be the time to sell if you're looking for top dollar.

I don't know if this "bubble" is ever going to burst or if these are the prices that we can expect to see for the long haul.

I still need that 10k ZWR note but I'm glad I filled in all my other ZWR hyperinflation notes before the prices....inflated.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1746 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  10:18 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sorry...there were any recent additions to Zimbabwe paper money, and also poking around older related articles here on CCF...
The answer to the OP's (trikdoutcobalt's) 4-year-old question at the time was "hold".

I'm not so sure about the wisdom of "holding." There was a collector on Numista offering UNC 100T notes for $40USD just a few months ago. They're trendy & anything but tough (very plentiful in fact). I know of a few world collectors who have multiples so I know I would be pretty motivated to sell if I had some.

I remember when they were sold in bundles by Bank Note World & saw how their prices rose unexpectedly. I guess social media must have caused the sudden hysteria & demand over the past 6 or so years.

But I have seen more sold at auction than eBay. I have seen the same listings re-listed by the same old sellers & eBay sellers can ask whatever they want. I have seen a lot of common other world notes listed for 20 - 50X what they were sold for just a year ago. That doesn't make it fair market value. (On Reddit I saw a post that some guy listed his notes high but doesn't care if they sell- he just likes to post them & use his listings like a website). The only 100T notes I have seen SELL have been on some auction sites and they're PMG top pop (not ungraded). I think it's fair to say that eBay has become a little more of the "wild, wild west."
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11578 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@w2dw, I did check "sold" listings to get my numbers. But it is the bay and you can definitely do better elsewhere. It's just that ebay is so darn conveninent.

Regardless it is moot for me; I do not ever intend to sell mine. I had too much fun putting together my $Z collection and I still enjoy flipping through it. My son when he inherits it, on the other hand...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4315 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ebay sold is right up there , well over 100 USD .
Also huge amounts of Chinese counterfeits .
We just sold 2 at our weekly market , Choice Unc
$200 CAD each ! Approx $155 USD !!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24588 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2008 Zim notes are considered bonds and will be redeemed for an undetermined value during a currency reset.
Edited by IndianGoldEagle
07/07/2022 12:41 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11578 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IGE, that's the frist I've heard of anything like that. It is my understanding that the 2008 / hyperinflation notes (ZWR) were withdrawn on February 2nd, 2009 and replaced by the 4th dollar (ZWL) at a replacement ratio of 10^12 ZWR : 1 ZWL. They only have numismatic value at this point.

Bond notes were issued in 2016, 2019, 2020 and 2021. There is a new $100 bond note avaialble as of 2022.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10452 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10452 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
heh, on ebay yo can get 20 Z$100 Trillion gold foil notes - all for the low low price of $16.88 USD w/ free shipping.
(Manufactured in China)
eBay item number:384855152993
Valued Member
Canada
117 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trikdoutcobalt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow looks like they went up quite a bit over the years! I sold mine not too long after I first posted this topic. Sold the 100M, 100B, and 100T on eBay for around C$100. Still happy with that
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 2,485Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: