Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Like Or Dislike This Coin's (Seated Dollar) Eye Appeal?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  01:15 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question
On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate this original Seated dollar's eye appeal?

Poll Choices

Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Edited by MikeF
05/30/2018 01:27 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10112 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  01:38 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I voted for something less than 11.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15916 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  02:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A bit dark
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12476 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  02:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty hard to judge eye appeal when there's a spotlight on it. Needs some pics that show the surfaces instead of over lighting it to see every tiny nick.
Valued Member
United States
422 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  02:40 am  Show Profile   Check yellow88's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I personally find it quite appealing. Looks pretty cool in fact.

Before I vote I need to ask a question about the scale of 1 to 10 so I vote accurately.

Is 1 best or is 10 best?

Like, I am #1 because I won the race; I came in 1st place etc.
or
Like, I think my significant other is amazingly attractive or a Perfect 10.

If the higher the number means the more I like the eye appeal what if I like it soo much I want to go to 11?

11 is higher than 10. Turn it up a notch.
"Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless."
- Merovingian#65279;

eBay store: https://www.ebay.com/str/globalcoin...collectibles
eBay ID: https://www.ebay.com/usr/sellingsecretslegit
Pillar of the Community
United States
1500 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  02:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
6. If toning must be present, I generally prefer it to be consistent. But the halo effect on both sides is kinda cool. All of the details are reasonably present.

One could do better, but if I were tired of looking and had room in the budget, it would fill a hole nicely while waiting for an upgrade.
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (early Bust era), Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  02:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My bad:
10 = is she single?

1 = Staff Edit - Not cool.
Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10112 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  03:12 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A bit dark

Quote:
Pretty hard to judge eye appeal when there's a spotlight on it. Needs some pics that show the surfaces instead of over lighting it to see every tiny nick.

Which is it? Too dark or too bright?

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1466 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  05:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not too crazy about the eye appeal.

"Completed Dansco 7070 US type album. Upgrades to come"
http://goccf.com/t/325884

If you SEE a post milestone, 250, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10K+, click below.
http://goccf.com/t/316031#2688706
Pillar of the Community
United States
3210 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  06:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Imthealphaomega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm neutral at 5. Not great eye appeal but not terrible. It's OK.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8714 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it. Probably it looks much better in hand.

I voted 8.
Edited by SilverDollar2017
05/30/2018 09:20 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1249 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chesterb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe it's my device but it looks like it would have a bunch of hairlines. Again that's based on the pics and not an in hand assessment. However, the appeal just isn't there for me and this date is common enough that I think you can do better.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12476 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Which is it? Too dark or too bright?

I'm guessing he was commenting on the coin itself. The picture itself is WAY over-lit like they generally do. The trueview is much more pleasing
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18574 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always should clarify if 1 or 10 is best
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
1453 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't like it. Its a common date and its been cleaned. The original color is around the figure and the stars. it was once deemed too dark by someone and now its just a cleaned coin.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Learn More...
United States
77486 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2018  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is one I would like if the price were right, but probably not the one I would choose when it was among other options in the same price point.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05