Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1990 P LMC, second Square 0 found.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...

United States
1319 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  11:13 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this 1990 P LMC today and remembered posting about one back this past February. I kept that cent because of its unusual appearance. Glad that I did because I found another one exactly like it. I was told the coin was damaged and it may have been a little grease filled. I was glad for the education but to have two coins with the exact same thing is pretty remarkable. I'll post pics of both for you to see. Pretty cool pair of cents to own. The last two pics are from the one I found back this past February.

Edited by Jim0815
06/12/2018 11:46 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2321 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  11:40 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is pretty remarkable. What are the odds?
http://goccf.com/t/303774
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1319 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure but I don't think the odds were very favorable!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3356 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They both show signs of damage: flattened. the last date clearly shows the damaged area where the devices have been flattened.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12837 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  11:51 am  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But, it's still very cool, since it happened to another coin. Pretty odd.
Errers and Varietys
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1319 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see the same thing Chase, still pretty cool that they both came from the same die. The top of the "1" tells me that.
Edited by Jim0815
06/12/2018 11:54 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.57 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05