Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Storing your certified notes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
487 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  3:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
How do you store your certified notes. I initially was thinking of getting a half or full page plastic three holed sheet for a binder, but then I thought the weight of the other notes over time can cause the metal rings to indent the notes. Is this a issue or am I over thinking this....
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Put dividers between the pages to prevent any transfer or weight problems. Still, store them upright, not flat.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2485 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use the Lighthouse Grande Binder and the Lighthouse plastic sheets designed for certified notes.

https://www.lighthouse.us/grande-cl...bum-set.html

Because the rings are D shaped and not round they do not touch the notes so they can't indent it. You can buy the album and sheets separately.

A regular binder won't work because the Lighthouse sheets are oversized and won't fit.

Also, certified notes won't fit into regular 1/2 plastic sheets. Only the Lighthouse sheets designed for certified banknotes will work. You could use full sheet plastic but then the banknotes will slide around.

Edited by MoneyPenney
06/12/2018 5:01 pm
Valued Member
Canada
487 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the input fellow members.

Valued Member
Canada
315 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Proof Nut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My certified notes are currently stored flat in a brightly coloured box often seen on the shelves at dollar stores during Christmas.

I plan on eventually housing them in a small BCS binder and have the remainder of my uncertified notes in a large binder with three pocket sleeves also laying flat.

Wondering why the need to store them upright and if this will have long term detrimental effects on the notes.
Valued Member
Canada
187 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How do you store your certified notes

Vertically.

I only started buying TPG notes about 8 or 9 years ago. And I always stored them vertically positioned in my safe.

Which got me re-thinking my raw notes sitting in the binders. Although I developed a system which prevented the weight of the notes bearing down on each other- I have since moved all my raw notes into vertical storage (in a box).

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28919 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use Lighthouse Grande binders as well. Agree strongly that notes, especially new ones, should always be stored in an upright position to avoid any weight on them. Very important.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05