Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2017 W ASE sold out....lowest mintage W

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
United States
1068 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2018  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How does Liberty Coins make money selling them for under issue? Given the mintage, why would they?
Valued Member
United States
251 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2018  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How does Liberty Coins make money selling them for under issue? Given the mintage, why would they?

I know huh? Makes you wonder.
Update btw- I asked the seller about the limit and they told me I should be able to buy at least 5, the limit was placed by eBay and to contact eBay support for any issues. I contacted them and was told it's some sort of glitch on their end. That they're aware of it and to check back within 24-48 hrs. Should be fixed by then.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4277 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2018  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting...so I tried to buy a bunch but was limited to one...no biggie but kinda lame to offer volume pricing and not offer volume

I also tried to place another single order and it burped me out...

But...added one more to my stash anyway at $37 with free shipping...duh!
Valued Member
United States
251 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2018  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FYI.... Received a message from eBay saying you're now able to buy more. I checked and it does allow you to add multiple to your cart. Even gives you a discount if you add 3 or more.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2712 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2018  01:17 am  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wyzeguy: which method did you use to contact eBay? I can't even find their customer support email address..... :(
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4277 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2018  06:17 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well this is what I see:

Quote:
Quantity: 4
Limited quantity available
134 sold
Purchases are limited to 1 per buyer
Pillar of the Community
United States
1068 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2018  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me too. No dice on buying more than one.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1879 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2018  09:30 am  Show Profile   Check Mister Kairu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Mister Kairu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well sold a seemingly $40 coin for $75 so I went ahead and ordered the one I could of these. Will have to keep track of the mintages of these. Still a lot, but less a lot than others :P
Valued Member
United States
251 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2018  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Me too. No dice on buying more than one.

Yeah that's weird. Was even playing around with it by adding different qtys. The more I added the bigger discount it gave.

Called eBay support again this morning and the agent said to try from a different browser like chrome. Said she was able to add one to my cart from their end even though I'd bought one already. Also said the techs were going to continue to look into it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1068 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2018  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just tried Chrome, but it didn't help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1071 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2018  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received the 2 I ordered from The Patriotic Mint. The coins look good to me. The funny thing is they add a flyer in the package selling them for 64 cents less. If you go to their website instead of buying on eBay you can get the cheaper price. I went ahead and bought my ONE ASE from Liberty too, seemed like the right thing to do, hard to beat that price.
Pillar of the Community
United States
765 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2018  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^
Here's the link to Liberty Coin's page for this coin - shows 20 left in stock:
http://www.libertycoin.com/product-...-bu-2017.htm
But in all honesty, with a new mintage low just being announced, wouldn't you expect prices to in- rather than decrease? I think this gives you an idea about the long-term prospects for this coin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4277 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2018  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The funny thing is they add a flyer in the package selling them for 64 cents less. If you go to their website instead of buying on eBay you can get the cheaper price.

Ebay: $2.99 shipping for one

Sooo...about a wash
Edited by Foxwoods Man
06/21/2018 1:55 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4277 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2018  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...and for the $37 with volume discounts but you can only get one:

Quote:
New message from: liberty.coin Top Rated Seller(139,360RedShooting Star)
Hello,

We do apologize but eBay limits this 'Special Price' to 1 per user ID.

Thanks!

In reality eBay could give a rat's azz whether they sell one or 100 ..it's the way the BIN was set up by the dealer
Valued Member
United States
251 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2018  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just finished talking with an eBay rep and she told me the listing is part of their Daily Deals specials which for the most part do place limits on how many you can buy. I believe the sellers are compensated somehow from eBay for these types of listings which explains how they're able to sell at below cost price.

She also said I can always log out of my account and purchase one as a guest but the same limit applies.

The link posted by "omxfl" takes you directly to Liberty Coin's website which is selling it for the same $37 price w/ free shipping as well.
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05