Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2017 W ASE sold out....lowest mintage W

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
United States
2712 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought 2 raw 2017-W burnished ASE from Liberty.... I will have to check those. Normally, the burnished ASE don't get milk spot..... this is BAD.
I have to check the 3 graded NGC MS70 one too.

I am thinking of getting 1 PCGS SP70, but it's a $100 coin, NOT sure if it is worth it or just use my $100 + some changes to buy 3 raw one. What do you guys think?
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Valued Member
United States
229 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Normally, the burnished ASE don't get milk spot.....

Thatís what I always thought, or at least much less possibility compared to the proofs. The ones I received from Liberty were all nicely sealed in the plastic. Is that OGP from the Mint or did Liberty package them that way?

Keep us updated Fox.
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Taphandle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Darth Morgan

Quote:
Quote:
It all depends on whether the 2017 numbers are low because of a decreasing lack of interest

I certainly hope so. I would like to see this design retired and replaced with something new. . . . or perhaps resurrect another classic design. Personally, I'd like to see a Draped Bust Liberty obverse with the Standing Liberty quarter reverse eagle. Yaaaass.

I hope like you do but I think the lack of interest being referred to is more of a lack of interest in coins in general, not just the ASE. That being said, I hope I am wrong.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4210 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Normally, the burnished ASE don't get milk spot.

Oh I only wish that were true...I have an NGC slab box that is half full of graded MS spotted coins (NGC & PCGS) and another with a bunch of PF's and a few RP's

I will admit that this is the first time I have seen them spot BEFORE being slabbed....
Edited by Foxwoods Man
06/27/2018 4:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4210 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a VERY quick pic of a bullion (PCGS) one from 2007...

Boobs and sun spots...more on the reverse

Edited by Foxwoods Man
06/27/2018 4:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4210 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  06:20 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well...a response from Liberty Coin but still up in the air as to a resolution. Definitely better than just saying "we don't want them back"

Quote:
We are disappointed to hear you are not happy with he items you received. Minor spots are common among (Burnished, Proof, Bullion) American Silver Eagles and we are unable to guarantee coins without minor issues, however if the spotting is excessive we can provide exchange coins.

We will email you a return label tomorrow to return the items you are not happy with, once we receive them we can determine if we have a suitable replacement.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10896 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
. Thatís what I always thought, or at least much less possibility compared to the proofs

They just stand out more on the proofs from a distance but unfortunately every version of the ASEs can and have been spotting. Doesnít mean that everyone of them will, but theres not really any safe version to avoid it
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2018  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Taphandle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received my order of two from LC, Coins look great, one of the capsules made it's way open during shipping (no big deal) but that is the only issue.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5402 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2018  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just purchased my 2018 w and checked my lists and found I already had two 2017 w.
Valued Member
United States
229 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2018  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
one of the capsules made it's way open during shipping (no big deal) but that is the only issue.

Same here. Have received coins from the Mint that have also come loose so nothing new. Ended up picking up a 2016 proof ASE from them as well and also looked good.
Valued Member
United States
229 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well...a response from Liberty Coin but still up in the air as to a resolution. Definitely better than just saying "we don't want them back"

Did you ever send the coins back Fox? Did they issue a refund or exchange?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4210 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  07:37 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, they sent a return label and off they went (Monday)...taking forever to make its' way to the left coast but it is scheduled to arrive today

Pillar of the Community
United States
1051 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The ten that I ordered on 6/22 still have not arrived. I guess that I should check to see if they sent a tracking number.
Valued Member
United States
229 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The ten that I ordered on 6/22 still have not arrived. I guess that I should check to see if they sent a tracking number.

That is odd. The three separate orders I placed all shipped the same or next day and arrived within 3-5 days. Definitely need to check on that order.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4210 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They're waiting for my spotted coins to arrive and they will forward them to you
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05