Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1913-D Type 1 Buffalo Nickel

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
5668 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  10:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Picked this up for $36. Thoughts on grade and problems? Thanks!

Valued Member
United States
402 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jst1dreamr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very sweet. the only problem I see is that you found it first. J/K
Pillar of the Community
United States
3098 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would like to see pictures in natural light.

Full horn and split tail on the reverse.

Scans are not helping this coin. :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
5668 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
will take better photos (i hope) when in hand in a few days. this was actually a picture taken with the coin on a fibrous bright green blanket that I cropped out. thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6098 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't really see the surfaces well from these pics.
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8894 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well you did want to here any problems ; not crazy about the skin on this coin ,Liberty a little weak as is a lot of the obverse rim . On reverse right side of rim is worn down , not sure if MM is a filled die or just worn .
I could see if you bought this Buffalo because of the full horn and split tail ,but IMHO ,I would have passed on this purchase . VF-35
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photos make it appear to have been dipped many times or for a long time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28786 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree - very lifeless-looking for such a high grade coin.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13635 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Waiting for better photos.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5668 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This came in. Thoughts? Thanks!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28786 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Much better, but still doesn't seem to show much pop.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8894 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, Eye appeal just not knocking my socks off .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
United States
5668 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One more set of pics using my phone. Really liking this one.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05