Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Zurie's 1000th Post Contest!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 61 / Views: 4,296Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
United States
2699 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  2:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have now hit my 1000th post and I've decided to give something back to this forum, one of the most educational, civil, and respectful communities of which I've been a part (kudos to the moderators for keeping it that way!). I will be holding a contest, and I've put together a knowledge-based game (don't worry, it's open book so everyone has a chance.). I'm planning to start the contest on Saturday morning, but in the meantime, here's a sneak preview of the prizes. There will be three winners, and I've chosen a classic, a modern, and a bullion coin so that everyone will have something that they can shoot for.

1838 Large cent

1941-S BU Jefferson nickel

1991 American Silver Eagle

Edited by Zurie
06/15/2018 10:29 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm looking forward to the fun.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1895 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mister Kairu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the contest and congrats on the 1000th post! Here's to 1000 more! :)
Rest in Peace
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations on your 1000 post Zurie!

And thank you for having this great contest with fantastic prizes!
Pillar of the Community
United States
717 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is very kind and generous of you Zurie.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1899 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on 1000 posts. Looking forward to the contest.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11244 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  02:16 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Congrats on 1,000!
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

"If we continue to accumulate only power and not wisdom, we will surely destroy ourselves."
-Carl Sagan
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool! Very nice incentives. Thanks for having a very good practice of the Universal Law of Giving and Receiving. The coin community surely appreciates the contest. Congratulations for reaching your 1000.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2699 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, here are a few more details for tomorrow's contest. You must have a 50 post minimum to be eligible for a prize, and I'll only ship prizes to the USA. The first place winner gets to choose their prize, then second place, and third place gets the remaining prize.

I'll post all the rules of the contest tomorrow after 11:00 AM forum time (EDT). There's no luck involved with this contest. It will require some knowledge of US coins, and I'm not sure if the contest will last a few hours or a few days. But with all the knowledgeable people on this forum, I'm guessing it will end sooner rather than later.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2699 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here we go! Here are the final contest rules:

1. In about 15 minutes, I will post photos of the reverses of 15 coins. Each coin reverse has enough information that you will be able to identify the exact date of the coin. Your job is to determine the year on each coin.

2. Please do not post your answers on this thread or post comments that give away the answers. Let others have a chance to figure these out.

3. PM your answers to me once you determine all the dates, or as many as you can get. Then post something on this thread that states that you submitted your answers. If there are multiple perfect entries or ties, the order of posts on this thread will determine the winners. Only one submission per person, and no changing your answers after submitting your dates.

4. The first person that gets 15 correct answers wins, but the contest will continue for the 2nd and 3rd place prizes. If we don't get 3 winners with 15 correct answers by Tuesday at noon, I will end the contest and award the prizes to the people with the most correct answers. I'll post all the answers after the contest ends.

Get ready!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1899 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
2699 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the coin reverses. Some are much easier than others. Remember, PM your answers listed 1 through 15, then post something here that documents your time of submission. Good luck!

Coin 1

Coin 2

Coin 3

Coin 4

Coin 5

Coin 6

Coin 7

Coin 8

Coin 9

Coin 10

Coin 11

Coin 12

Coin 13

Coin 14

Coin 15
Pillar of the Community
United States
717 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have no expertise in this area, so I won't even try.
But thanks for holding the contest.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1899 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pm sent
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3485 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PM Sent. Cool idea...
-----Burton
46 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Rest in Peace
10197 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I had time...know 8 off hand...interesting contest good luck to winners, ain't that hard!
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 61 / Views: 4,296Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05