The contest is officially over, and here are the winners!
Congratulations to Mrzllewellyn for a perfect score, impressively submitted less than two hours after the contest started.
Spruett001 takes second place with 14 out of 15 correct.
SilverDollar2017 and nss-52 tied for third place with 13 correct, and SilverDollar2017 graciously offered to pass his prize on to the next in line, so nss-52 will receive the third prize.
It looks like the toughest date to identify was the 1891-CC Morgan spitting eagle, and the next hardest were the 1878-S Morgan long nock and the 1814 Bust half E/A.
But given how well everyone did who entered, I have decided to give an honorable mention prize to the non-winning players, including BStrauss3, Mister Kairu, sosicoin, and YNumismetals Collector. If any of you want to receive a proof pre-1960 silver Roosevelt dime
, just PM me with your address and I will put it in the mail.
Here are the answers to the contest:
1. 1937-D Buffalo nickel
2. 1859 Indian Head cent
3. 1946 Walking Liberty half dollar
4. 1794 Liberty Cap large cent, no fraction bar
5. 1935 Connecticut commemorative half dollar
6. 1853 Seated Liberty quarter
, arrows and rays
7. 2000-P Sacagawea Cheerios dollar
8. 1883 Liberty nickel
, no cents
9. 1891-CC Morgan, spitting eagle (VAM-3)
10. 1814 Capped Bust half dollar E/A (O-108)
11. 1861-S Liberty Double Eagle, Paquet reverse
12. 1945-P Jefferson nickel DDR
13. 1878-S Morgan, parallel arrow fletch, long nock
14. 1922 no D Lincoln cent, die pair 1 reverse, die crack through O
15. 1905-O Barber dime
Thanks again to everyone who participated! Hope you had as much fun as I did putting this contest together!