Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1998 Penny Cracked Die Spike Head?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,158Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
119 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  08:24 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TBR to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I think it might be a cracked die error.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3560 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey that is a good one, did you look it up yet?
Valued Member
United States
356 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JC Stevens to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's both a Spike Head and a Retained Interior Die Break.

Not Listed on COC.
Valued Member
United States
420 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add da Swampster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find, 241 !

Swamp
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3731 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  10:10 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find! Retained interior die break a bonus.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find and congratulations! That's a nice "Spiked Head" Die Crack. It also has a Retained Interior Die Break as well. That's a good bonus.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1259 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldJoeClark to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one
Pillar of the Community
United States
1899 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The man has spoken take some good pics and send it to jc and get that listed very nice find.
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TBR, JC Stevens has commented and said it was a new listing for cuds-on-coins.com. I think you should take that opportunity and send these pictures in, so he can list it.
Valued Member
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TBR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I'd be glad to have it listed and just tried to send and email to JC, but it said I couldn't yet, I think as a new member.

Where do I send, and what is needed.

Thanks all.

I'm delighted to have found something after going bug-eyed checking through a ton of pennies my dad had in a can before he passed away.

TBR.
Valued Member
United States
420 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add da Swampster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...just tried to send and email to JC, but it said I couldn't yet...
Go to the site.. I'm sure there's a submissions email link there..

Swamp
Pillar of the Community
5119 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find. I was hoping it would have been a WAM.
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1535 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF TBR

Nice find
Valued Member
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TBR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found the COC site and submission guidelines and plan to submit.

Thanks
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,158Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05