Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

lucky day at the bank!  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1359 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  6:02 pm Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
i got a call from one of my banks who holds stuff for me they said we have some pennie for you.
so when I went to the bank the teller said we have $130 in pennies. I only had $100 with me so I said I will be back tomoorow for the rest, she said she will hold them for me,
anyway when I got home the first roll I pulled out was an original bank roll of 65's ( I will have to search for vaireties) the next roll was home rolled but labled 1937 hmm this is looking good after a few more rolls I picked out obrs of 1964 and some I dont know year of because queen showing on both ends , even some rolls that were home rolled but stamped by the bank 1965 etc..
not all the rolls are like this some are modern but I think its safe to assume the these came from a collector who may have passed and his kids are returning them to the bank, but the best part is the teller told me the guy who brought in the pennies is also bringing in silver dollars and 50c pieces and she said she will call me when they arrive(i hope they are silver!!)
I will also ask tomorrow if he brought in any other rolls of other denominations, you never know if he brought in rolls of silver! I know I have my hopes up but you never know right?
here is a sample of what is in this batch

please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (under construction)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1359 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
now a quick question as far as the roll of 65's go. if a blunt 5 is showing on the end is is safe to assume they are all blunt 5's? or could they be a mix?
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (under construction)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
Pillar of the Community
United States
1472 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aristarchus123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is amazing! Congratulations.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1210 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All the 65 BU Bank rolls I have checked were all the same variety in the roll. You should ask about 25 cent rolls 1973,1978,1983,1991 all premium rolls years
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6115 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing -
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell all my coins for what I told her I paid for them.

Working on Whitman Large Cent date set album 1793-1857 (57 holes filled of 64 total) now come the "toughies" - yikes!
Valued Member
Canada
134 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thehammer77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing find
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find. Reminded me of this story recently posted: http://calgaryherald.com/life/swerv...plained-keys

Gene
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26694 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats!
Valued Member
Canada
164 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twoods to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool find, please keep us posted if anything else comes in!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6317 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely - I read your Country decided to eliminate the cent ... as such I suppose this in indeed a special find.

Let us know what it becomes.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1340 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

speechless..

"Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein

If you SEE a post milestone, 250, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10K+, click below.
http://goccf.com/t/316031#2688706
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3882 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations You are lucky.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7394 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That seems to be quite an unusual and exciting find! Hopefully, more good luck will come your way with the silver.
Bad puns make me [sic].

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome! Let the adrenalin flow....enjoy!
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
359 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  01:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. Can you say...Score! It's donuts for the teller time. Good luck with the next batch..
Valued Member
Germany
375 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  02:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats. Awesome find!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05