Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2018 Royal Astronomical Society Meterorite Coin  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Canada
204 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that I can see the details of my orders again, for the Meteorite Coin it is showing ESTIMATED SHIP DATE: Sep 17,2018.
Canada
9 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zoziw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My order also has a shipping date of September 17, 2018.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1165 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My rep indicated that I was one of the first to order this coin - but I too am going to have to wait until September. Why would they publish as a "JULY" release - if nobody is getting them until September?

What is interesting, is that at the same time, on the same order, I requested the 'Deep Space Nine' coin. Though it is already in my possession, the mint indicates a shipping date of July 30th.

Edited by Dcadon
07/05/2018 12:22 pm
Valued Member
Canada
102 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add clvlys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received the meteorite coin about a week and a half ago.

Very nice coin.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
548 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2018  12:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Electrum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any pics ?
Valued Member
Canada
102 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2018  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add clvlys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am no good at taking pics of coins but I will try.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
548 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Electrum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anybody receive this space rock coin yet?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6320 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like some coins suffer from the "phantom of the RCM delays"

It was in it's peak with "Two Loons" (due to error / defect), and "Penny Set" (delay of the boxes?) and more recent - Gold Delta, "Captain Canuck" (signature delay) and now the "Meteorite" coin.

So..what could be the reason?
My guess - they are still cutting small meteorite pieces to attach them to the coins.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
536 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  02:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Looney4Numi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So..what could be the reason?
My guess - they are still cutting small meteorite pieces to attach them to the coins.

You could be right if what I was told by RCM regarding the delay of Falcon Lake coin is true:

They usually have a staggered production, so when there's an immediate sellout of a coin they have to delay because they can't fulfill all the orders at once.
Valued Member
Canada
211 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gatewest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are not great but until someone can do better here are two different coins.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
6320 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for pictures, Gatewest!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
548 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  12:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Electrum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great pics thanks
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2415 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  01:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They usually have a staggered production, so when there's an immediate sellout of a coin they have to delay because they can't fulfill all the orders at once.

Could be. Dealers seem to get priority as they always ship out coins faster than the RCM. My coin from Gatewest is already on the way. People who ordered from the RCM are getting their orders as late as September.
Valued Member
Canada
204 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Posted 07/04/2018 "Now that I can see the details of my orders again, for the Meteorite Coin it is showing ESTIMATED SHIP DATE: Sep 17,2018"

So much for that ship date. Received my order from RCM today. Some others might get their order sooner too.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05