Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1910 LWC Matte Proof eBay Cherrypick?

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1489 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  12:51 pm Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I bid on and won this uncirculated 1910 Wheat cent since I thought it has a good possibility of being a matte proof. It looks to be a later die state matte proof with square rims and die scratches that match those I found on a PCGS image of a graded 1910 matte proof. (Near the rim above WE and the first T in TRUST and near the rim directly east of the beard and above the 0 in the date).

The scratches match those on this PCGS Proof Coin:

I can take better pics if needed.

What do you think?
Edited by Tanman2001
07/03/2018 12:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1489 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's some better proof:

Look at this strong scratch under UNUM.

And now look at this PCGS graded matte proof on eBay with the same scratch:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1910-Linco...132653402460
Edited by Tanman2001
07/03/2018 6:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1521 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a beautiful LWC, congrats, nice pick
Pillar of the Community
United States
8576 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The rims certainly look it and if you are able to make out die markers between your example and graded Matte Proof I think you have a winner. Congrats on a fine cherry pick.
Member SSDC
Learn More...
United States
62600 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic looking cent, regardless.

I do hope it can be verified as a matte proof.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1480 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kurrency Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good catch, beautiful coin and I hope the type & grading comes back as you hope.

KK
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
29644 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done sir!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5592 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well if it is not one, I can certainly see why you asked! This is an amazing looking cent. Congrats on a great pickup. And I like yours better than the pics of the toned one.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15274 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you have the die markers, AWESOME! Either way, it's a beautiful coin.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really superb example. That rim is certainly sharp. I'd send it or photos to Eagle Eye, then consider NGC or PCGS.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1489 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What/Who is Eagle Eye?

I'll definitely try to send this to NGC before my membership expires.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9171 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coin , hope it's a matte proof .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4359 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What/Who is Eagle Eye?

I think Mox is referring to Rick Snow the owner of Eagle Eye Rare Coins.

On his website on the Contact Us page there is an option to ask about a coin.

https://www.indiancent.com/index.php/contacts

I've never utilized this and cannot comment on how quick he replies or if he charges for a consultation.

Regardless, a beautiful cent.

-MV
I'm slowly building my numismatic library--106 works and counting

With assistance, trying to compile a listing of numismatic reference books & materials available to collectors http://goccf.com/t/174749
Pillar of the Community
United States
656 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2018  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mike1487 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't really say one way or the other. I would get it graded and see what happens.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1152 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2018  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly looks like a strong possibility. Hope it gets confirmed by NGC. Congrats on a potentially great cherrypick!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17101 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2018  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Send it in for authenticating and let us know.
just carl
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.11 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05