Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Online Coin Shopping

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7357 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lets see, I am going to show you some 1959 Lincolns for an exercise, I don't have them but lets see how you would do.

NOTE I would not buy a 1959 cent all by itself since the shipping, whether free or not is actually figured into the final price. I would buy several at a time that ship together at one flat shipping cost.

Look at this link and tell us which ones catch your eye BEFORE you buy!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...ent&LH_BIN=1
On the left of most every CCF page, I am trying to remember to use CCF Partners links. They are highlighted in lime green!
It helps CCF a little. Try it!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7357 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you get to this pretty one, I bet you'll stop and check it out.

A closer look shows some nicks in the face of Lincoln too.
This takes away from the value of one without.

Then look at the not so good feedback and also notice there are 8 available or something like that.
You will probably not get the coin pictured. Slim chance to nil.
It is basically a "stock image" - Watch out for that!

On the left of most every CCF page, I am trying to remember to use CCF Partners links. They are highlighted in lime green!
Edited by TNG
07/03/2018 10:04 pm
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I was using a 1959 as an example I would never buy it by itself.

But here we go I don't think these 3 look bad:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-1C-RD...AOSwcj5ZRbX8

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-P-Lin...AOSwCTBbNqv7

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-P-LIN...AOSw-H1a6Jlv

I would consider buying any of these 3. Now I am interested in hearing how far off I am with my eyes...haha
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10901 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Then look at the not so good feedback and also notice there are 8 available or something like that.
You will probably not get the coin pictured. Slim chance to nil.
It is basically a "stock image" - Watch out for that!

Very good point. Anytime there are more than 1 available the sellers are using a stock image
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks TNG!

From that picture there and the three links I shared with you. I think I have noticed one thing about myself. I may not be picky enough cause I noticed nicks or scratches on most of them and I choose three that had them so maybe I rush too much in thinking. And do not make very sound judgments.
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks TNG & basebal21!

Never thought of looking for that...duh.... Of course they might show their best one and sell 10 others that not as good.

Sometimes I feel "like a child in a man's world" when it comes to coin collecting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9933 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kermit, you want some nice cents? Yours truly at : https://www.ebay.com/itm/282819655206 (contact me through eBay)

or some Lincoln memorial BU's under my Avatar name on a site called (207) Not Allowed - Auto-Removed (can't post the link on CCF)

Gee, can't even try it that way
Edited by Crazyb0
07/03/2018 10:12 pm
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the offer Crazyb0!

But for now I am just learning, I am no where near ready to purchase. I will keep you in mind when ready.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10901 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I may not be picky enough cause I noticed nicks or scratches on most of them and I choose three that had them so maybe I rush too much in thinking. And do not make very sound judgments.

They're almost all going to have some sort of hit marks, the vast majority of the ones without any will have very stiff prices. You just have to learn what you can live with. Preferably the marks wouldn't be in a focal area, but everyone has their own preferences. For instance some people may like coins with the fewest hits possible that may not have the greatest luster, while others can live with a few extra minor marks for great eye appeal and luster.
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good point basebal21!

I as I sit here feel, as long as the marks are not terribly noticeable to the naked eye. I would be happy some of the pictures I feel might make a mark look worse then it is.

Is that the case?

Os are the photos pretty accurate?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7357 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You may think I am a little harsh, but you can do better, the first one is a stock image but the seller has good feedback. I just bought 3 Eisenhower dollars tonight. I know the seller personally from the past and have bought from him before.

I saved on combined shipping and added a message in my payment. I asked him to PLEASE pick out some nice ones for me.
I know I will be getting the best he has on hand. I bet he has some really nice Lincolns but I am not sure I can point you to him. I will have to read the rules. I will give you a hint though, he co-wrote the book on Cherrypickers. I don't think it's against the rules to post a link his coins.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7357 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Crazy won't steer you wrong either btw but you have to have so much time here on CCF and so many posts before trading so be careful not to get in trouble with rules.

PS: I looked and he didn't have any 1959's at this time.
Krazy, get with Crazy, you seem to have something in common. LOL

You see, you are already learning !
Edited by TNG
07/03/2018 10:23 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10901 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I as I sit here feel, as long as the marks are not terribly noticeable to the naked eye. I would be happy some of the pictures I feel might make a mark look worse then it is.

Is that the case?

Os are the photos pretty accurate?

Photo quality varies from person to person but generally the marks will look worse in pictures. Digital photos have a way of emphasizing them, but also every photo is basically viewing the coin at a higher magnification. Think about the size of a penny in real life, then compare that to the size of the picture on your screen, some hits easily visible on the big picture won't jump out at you when you have it in hand
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks TNG!

No worries! I don't consider you harsh. I need to learn things and people telling me I am wrong is how I learn.

I do believe I found him. Very nice looking coins. Keeping him in mind definitely!

Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks basebal21!

So unfortunately in ways it sounds like a good bit of this is all up to me and my opinion.

What a scary thought....haha

Is there a certain place on here to post pics of something I am thinking of buying and getting people's opinions?
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05