Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1921 Morgan Dollar - Pawn Shop find

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  4:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheKroe to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey everyone!

Thanks again in advance for your help and all of the help that you've given me so far! Here I have a 1921 Morgan that I bought cheap from a Pawn Shop. Let me know what you think the grade is.

Cheers

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
29577 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks to be low AU. Possibly cleaned, but this may just be the result of flashback.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5838 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Au details cleaned
Pillar of the Community
United States
6871 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-50 Details, cleaned
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU, details, cleaned.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1431 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not too good at grading but has anyone else noticed the mint mark? Or where the mint mark would be? Because it looks like an "I" or an "E" which is impossible!
My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheKroe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My apologies! It's an S mint mark. I should have included that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1431 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the mint mark information! To me, it certainly doesn't look like an S.
My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheKroe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree haha. The image doesn't give the S the Justice that it deserves.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24411 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you do the magnet test? What did you pay for it?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheKroe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just did the magnet test and it passed. Thank the Lord haha. And right around $20.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6871 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMO you paid too much for a cleaned common date Morgan dollar.
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Imag8r to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How do you tell this coin was cleaned?
How reliable is the magnet test and any other ways to tell a fake
—thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
3014 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you want to buy from pawn shops try to find the ones that are more interested in moving inventory quickly. If you're willing to buy up a large portion of incoming inventory, you should be able to get common morgans for around $17.
We're judging it as cleaned from the pictures you provided. Looks like it was scrubbed. Also, A better test for authenticity is the magnet slide test. Just google it and you can pull up youtube videos. Weighing it would help but the pawn shop would have already done that and if they do any significant metals business they probably have a metal composition test device.
Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14174 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-50 details
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheKroe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you guys think the flash from my camera is throwing some weird stuff on the images? Should I avoid the flash?
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05