Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2013 Washington 1 Dollar Star Note Bill Condition And Value?  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8038 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  9:30 pm Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this at York Beach in Maine yesterday in change I received and I noticed it had a star on it, so I knew it was special. I kept it. I lightly folded it, so it would fit in my wallet. Does anybody know what condition it's in and what it worth in value?

Errors and Varietys.
Edited by Errors and Varietys
07/05/2018 9:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8770 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lot less than before you put creases in it David! That kills grade and value. Only crisp choice BU are worth anything really over a few bucks since newer.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8038 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Lot less than before you put creases in it David! That kills grade and value.

Listen Crazyb0. I had no choice. I was at the beach. What else was I supposed to do? Also, it was received in circulation anyways. It wasn't my fault as I absolutely had no choice, but to fold it to fit it in my wallet, so I wouldn't lose it.

Edit: Can I please get more input on this? It would be very helpful and appreciated.
Errors and Varietys.
Edited by Errors and Varietys
07/06/2018 11:44 am
Learn More...
United States
57847 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My thought would be to put it in a thick, heavy book. Lay it flat and put something heavy on it. Forget about it for a while.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8038 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  11:55 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good suggestion jbuck! Thank you for your input! That should help flattened the creases out.
Errors and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1364 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What some collectors are doing with the 2013 $1 New York stars is trying to find the exact same serial numbered star note from the other BEP Facility.
Yours was printed in Fort Worth, and the exact serial number was also printed on a note printed in Washington DC. Somehow the BEP messed up and printed duplicate serial numbers for MANY 2013 New York one dollar star notes.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8038 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey SteveInTampa, thank you very much for your input and for the new information! It's highly appreciated. I didn't know about this at all. My expertise isn't in Dollar bills, so getting information on is great. Thank you! Any ideas on value?
Errors and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1364 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Face value only, sorry.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8038 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why is it only worth face value? I have a very hard time believing that. I'm still going to sell it, because I'm not a paper money collector. I plan to sell it on eBay.
Errors and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3695 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Check Adam_E's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Circulated star note aren't usually worth much if anything above face unless the serial number is interesting unfortunately. You much be able to find someone who'll pay a buck or two over face, but depending on how much you charge for shipping, you probably wont.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8357 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's unlikely you would recoup seller's fees, but you can give it a shot.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1364 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why is it only worth face value? I have a very hard time believing that.

This is My opinion only, and I hate being the bearer of bad news. If you collect strictly from circulation, I’d keep it. Personally and respectfully, to me it’s a spender.

I wish I could tell you it’s worth a bunch of money, but it’s from a large run and it’s circulated. Modern star note collectors want uncirculated notes.

How much would you spend on the note ?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8038 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh okay, I understand. I'm sorry if I sounded upset. I wasn't. I see. It's from a large run, which makes the value drop. I only honestly pay only 4 dollars for this note. Thank you guys for all of your help! I appreciate it!
Errors and Varietys.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26599 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice to have you on the Paper Money Forum! We're a pretty jaded bunch but dead honest in our evaluations. Lots of buying and selling experience here!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8038 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Coinfrog! I did put it up on eBay to see if it will sell, since I don't collect banknotes. We'll see if any eBayers will buy it.
Errors and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
752 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kurrency Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I keep all stars also. Maybe I can sell them as a batch. Your star was a run of 3,200,000 with a total production of 22,400,000. Kinda valueless as star notes go.

On a second topic, if those are what you consider light folds, what is your idea of heavily folded?

KK
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05