Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1942 S Lincoln wheat cent doubled die DDO-002  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
652 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  09:43 am Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have always liked this variety. I think after a mineral oil soak and some light conservation this one (pulled from bag o wheats just now) will be strong enough to replace the one in my collection.

1942-S Lincoln Wheat cent doubled die DDO-002

Pillar of the Community
United States
2022 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  10:07 am  Show Profile   Check DrDon's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DrDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find. Was it a bag from eBay or local?
Pillar of the Community
United States
652 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  10:14 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Local. I have no problem buying eBay bags from certain sellers that I trust, but I bought this one locally two days ago. It's a good one. Gone through about 800 so far and have five BIE, four retained cuds (three unlisted), one strong lam, three DDO (one 1936 FS-102), and 9 RPM (four cherrypicker varieties).

And... This bag has 8,800 coins in it so a long way from the bottom
Edited by tropicalbats
07/12/2018 10:16 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
7061 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice bag !
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8038 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  11:33 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find and congratulations! That's a great find!
Errors and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2022 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Check DrDon's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DrDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Killer bag. Good luck with the rest.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4196 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find, congrats!
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bats in Kansas we call your type "Toppers" always Topping everyone else. Ahhhhh got ya! Great find, its on man I got 4 bricks ordered for next Tuesday and I'm due some dang varieties I have had an 8 brick dry spell and its eating my chops.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats!
I have pulled some of the nicer rpm's but not this one.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8038 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tropicalbats, I've found a 1988 P LMC RDV-006 "Flared G" today CRH. It was a super lucky find. http://goccf.com/t/323752
Errors and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
652 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
luvmy, Aw maaaaaaan! I'd love to duke it out next Tuesday night but my midsummer break ends right then. Gotta head back into the woods, this time Pennsylvania, and do more camping and bat catching. I'll be around for the next week though just rootin' through various coin stashes seeing what I can find.

E & V... Excellent find! Those little buggers are tough and rather nifty neato coins.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05