Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Welcome To The "Loonie" Bin!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 271 / Views: 22,038Next Topic
Page: of 19
Learn More...
United States
89942 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
674 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2020  12:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good to hear from you again upc239. Too bad we "Hab" to stay indoors this spring. .

I doubled up on that Born in 2020 on SilverDon. So I will post this one. Can't believe I didn't post them here, but I started the bin after I posted these somewhere else I guess.

They are not practicing social distancing. .
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Learn More...
United States
89942 Posts
Canada
7 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2020  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MacMurph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some loonies I picked up recently. I collect MS, Proof and Specimen only (for now). I really like the Great Grey Owl.
Canada
7 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2020  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MacMurph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoops, some pics would probably be nice...
Canada
7 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2020  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MacMurph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Learn More...
United States
89942 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
674 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2020  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MacMurph. Nice coins. The Owl is a favorite of mine too. Thanks for sharing.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
597 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2020  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@loonielewy, very nice! Do you have the complete set of all the lucky loonies?

OT - For those using the Lighthouse coin trays, has anyone found a coin tray that properly fits these 26.5mm loonies that are encapsulated in the ORIGINAL RCM capsules?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
674 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2020  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do you have the complete set of all the lucky loonies?

Not yet. I'm missing the '10, '14 and '16. The '14 rubs me because it's just a repeat of the '12. The '10 doesn't have a loon. The '16 will be next. Too bad it's the last in the series.

I miss my LCS. . He always found me these for a good price.

Canada
7 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2020  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MacMurph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a couple more:

Learn More...
United States
89942 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
674 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Time for another bump.This one is from a BU set and looks like this loon ran into a "machine" gun. The obverse is perfect. The damage bent the coin too.

Learn More...
United States
89942 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This one is from a BU set and looks like this loon ran into a "machine" gun. The obverse is perfect. The damage bent the coin too
Ouch! Someone was excited about their hunting trip that weekend.
Learn More...
Canada
9249 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  11:25 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like damage from the packaging machine, used for the pliofilm PL sets.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Page: of 19 Previous TopicReplies: 271 / Views: 22,038Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.02 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05