Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Welcome To The "Loonie" Bin!

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 278 / Views: 23,922Next Topic
Page: of 19
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
756 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks like damage from the packaging machine, used for the pliofilm PL sets.

That was my thoughts as well. So, assuming these sets are put together and sealed at the Mint, this damage happened at the Mint post strike. So not a die/strike error, but not really PMD either, as the coin technically hadn't left the Mint. Does that make it a PSD (post strike damage) MD (Mint damage) or just a beat on coin? .
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
2267 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my 2020, and 2021 Congrats on your New Baby Loonies.

2020 Set has the Plain Loonie Six Coin Set.
2021 Only has the Baby Loonie, Five Coin Set. Hmmf.

Nice designs, 2021 Tony Bianco.
https://www.tonybiancoart.com/collections/96439

RCNA Member
APNA Member
CNCC Member
Edited by SilverDon
01/17/2021 08:55 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
756 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  04:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking good Don. I saw the new 2021 sets at the post office the other day. Wedding, Birthday, Baby and O Canada. The mint sure didn't wait long to put these out. It was nice getting the extra Loon in the 2020 sets, I wish it had of continued. Tony Bianco designed all 4 that I have seen, and he does a good job with hands. 3 of the 4 have hands, only the Wedding 1 doesn't. I like the car on that 1, but the tire tread messes with me. Is it an optical illusion? .

Thanks for the bump, I've been meaning to get some UN Loons posted, but Mother Nature hasn't let me see the sun in weeks. Literally weeks. It sucks.

Learn More...
United States
96038 Posts
Canada
14 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2021  01:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EBrown to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are both nice looking sets, SilverDon! I never thought of getting one of those for myself.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
756 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2021  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I spotted a few things on the 2020 UN loons. I have 4 examples to compare. 2 colour and 2 regular. There are different dies for each. 1 to accommodate the colour, and a normal 1. I see in the lettering, on the top of the U and N, some type of beading at the extremities. It is visible from both dies, so I'm thinking it's very common. I also see a weak strike on the non coloured coins date. The coloured coins date is much cleaner. Anyone else see this on their coins?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16266 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2020 Canada
Dollar.
UN Charter 1945-2020

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16266 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2016 Canada.
Dollar-Women's Right to Vote.
1916-2016.

Page: of 19 Previous TopicReplies: 278 / Views: 23,922Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05