Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 American Legion Commemoratives

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
2799 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3 minutes to complete that order. Love the Unc too, I had to do it!
Valued Member
United States
196 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
12:06 and my order for the three coin Proof Set went through. I expect that the gold $5 will reach it's limit of 50,000 before days end since I've seen a few dealer ads listing them prior to going on sale. Time will tell.
Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...I expect that the gold $5 will reach it's limit of 50,000 before days end

A first day sell out? We'll see, but I would definitely be shocked if this happens

My guess is that it never achieves a sold out status. It's a nice design, but IMHO some of previous commemoratives have a better design. Plus, there have only been 2 of Au half eagle commemoratives to ever sell out - the Statue of Liberty (the first ever half eagle commemorative) and the Baseball Hall of Fame (first ever curved coin from the Mint). This coin has nothing that special going for it.
Edited by BadDog
03/14/2019 12:24 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11631 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed there's basically no chance of a first day sellout and I would be shocked if it ever sold out due to the mintage. The 3 coin set would have been long gone by now if there was going to be a sellout.

That said this is one of the more attrative golds they have made
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trobbi33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was able to order the set this evening, about 30 minutes ago. Pretty excited to get this set, looks super nice and it will be my first gold coin in my growing collection!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
859 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered one uncirculated dollar today, which I'm very excited for! The American Legion coins are some of the strongest designs in recent memory. Unfortunately, I think this program will suffer because it's playing second fiddle to the Apollo coins, and collectors' budgets are probably tight after the extra options from that program.

Quote:
Pretty excited to get this set, looks super nice and it will be my first gold coin in my growing collection!!

Congrats! I think you chose a beautiful gold coin to be your first.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2799 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
trobbi33, Congrats on Your first Gold coin, Beautiful too. ALSO, WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
859 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My order has shipped! I don't expect any movement this weekend, which is normal. Also, first day sales are posted:

2019-W Proof $5 Gold Coin: 906
2019-W Uncirculated $5 Gold Coin: 972
2019-P Proof Silver Dollar: 9,839
2019-P Uncirculated Silver Dollar: 4,678
2019-S Proof Clad Half Dollar: 7,244
2019-D Uncirculated Clad Half Dollar: 5,454
Three-Coin Proof Set: 3,526
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2019  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mickeydog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just received my 3 coin set today. I am very happy I made the purchase. Looks much better in hand the the pics form the US Mint website.
Pillar of the Community
United States
859 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2019  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF mickeydog! That's a beautiful set! My dollar is still on its way.
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2019  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mickeydog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
According to the US Mint website the 3 coin set is now on back order until June 11.
Pillar of the Community
United States
805 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2019  06:58 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gee, the Mar17 sales figures are pretty poor - Apollo cannibalism?

19CJ 2019 AMERICAN LEGION GOLD PROOF 1239
19CK 2019 AMERICAN LEGION GOLD UNC 1199
19CL 2019 AMERICAN LEGION SILVER PROOF 13799
19CM 2019 AMERICAN LEGION SILVER UNC 6134
19CN 2019 AMERICAN LEGION CLAD PROOF 9146
19CP 2019 AMERICAN LEGION CLAD UNC 7039
19CR 2019 AMERICAN LEGION 3-COIN SET 4512
Learn More...
United States
68289 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2019  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just received my 3 coin set today. I am very happy I made the purchase. Looks much better in hand the the pics form the US Mint website.
Looks really nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4540 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2019  09:55 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That set DOES look cool
Pillar of the Community
United States
859 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received my uncirculated dollar today, and it looks amazing! Any marks are on the capsule, not the coin.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05