Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 American Legion Commemoratives

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11966 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Agreed, I am paying to not have to wait

Nothing wrong with that at all, there certainly is a value to that as well as the joy of ownership. Happiness should mean more than penny pinching
Learn More...
United States
71927 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2019  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly. You get it.

The long weekend always pushes things back, but my set should be here midweek.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11966 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2019  12:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The long weekend always pushes things back, but my set should be here midweek.

That's reminds me of my biggest mail pet peeve where you see that the package got to your post office on Saturday but they're already closed and it was to late for that day's delivery, so now you have to wait until Tuesday for it on a long weekend.
Learn More...
United States
71927 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9659 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep... I'm in the same boat on this set. Not scheduled until later on this week. Oh well... it's only a 4-day work week, so that's a plus!
Learn More...
United States
71927 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oh well... it's only a 4-day work week, so that's a plus!
Yup.

So was last week (for me).
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9659 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice... gotta love summer time with 3 major holidays and the family vacations. Work? Who has time for that?!
Learn More...
United States
71927 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2019  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
gotta love summer time with 3 major holidays and the family vacations.
Learn More...
United States
71927 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my dollar and medal set yesterday. I love it! The simple design of the medal looks really nice in hand.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9659 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got my dollar and medal set yesterday. I love it! The simple design of the medal looks really nice in hand.

Great! Mine is still scheduled for Friday. Looking forward to it.
Valued Member
United States
471 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I also got my set today and the medal is spectacular. I don't know how a photo could do it justice. The stars on the reverse seem to sparkle and the eagle on the obverse has a 3-D effect. I have all the modern silver mint medals and I think this one's the best executed design. I believe if more people saw this medal in hand, they would want one.
Learn More...
United States
71927 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2019  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't know how a photo could do it justice.
Truth.

Quote:
I believe if more people saw this medal in hand, they would want one.
I agree. I am very glad I took the chance.
Valued Member
United States
244 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2019  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tried my hand at coin photography on my phone. Not terrible for low light at 10:30 pm.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9659 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2019  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW, great photos, mellamobradley!

Learn More...
United States
71927 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2019  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I tried my hand at coin photography on my phone. Not terrible for low light at 10:30 pm.
Looking good!
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05