Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

BEP and US Mint Merge E-Commerce Solutions as of 1-Oct-2018

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8807 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  11:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Starting on October 1st it'll be 1-stop shopping for those of us who buy products from both the United States Mint and the Bureau of Engraving and Printing.

I assume that means free shipping will no longer apply for BEP purchases unless you are a loyalty program customer and/or subscribe for annual products (if that is an option w/ BEP products).

Read about it here.
Learn More...
United States
63508 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2018  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. Maybe I will start buying some BEP products now that they will be more in my face.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3137 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2018  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great info Celtic! Thanks for sharing.
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
United States
678 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2018  09:40 am  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Maybe I will start buying some BEP products now that they will be more in my face.

I haven't purchased anything directly from the BEP in over 30 years. They just don't market currency the way the Mint markets coins.

Want a current year set of coins from the Mint? No problem, just order a mint or proof set (except for those pesky S BU quarters ) Want a current series FRB district set from the BEP in any denomination? Sorry, we don't sell that

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8807 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2018  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Want a current series FRB district set from the BEP in any denomination? Sorry, we don't sell that

Maybe that's another synergy expected from the merger (sorry for the corporate-speak). They not only collapse the costs for the e-portals but they can utilize the USM marketing machine to really push the products. I wonder if they are going to change fulfillment contractors as well.

Now if only they could somehow use this to generate convincing, overwhelming data that says we should do away with paper $1s.....
Pillar of the Community
United States
1543 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2018  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kurrency Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually the BEP doesn't have too many products other than sheets of notes. Big markup.

KK
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8807 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2018  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Actually the BEP doesn't have too many products other than sheets of notes.

That's precisely BadDog's observation.

We'll see what happens after 10/1. There's lots of untapped opportunity to fleece, er "provide more choices to" collectors.
Edited by CelticKnot
09/01/2018 9:04 pm
Learn More...
United States
63508 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2018  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Maybe that's another synergy expected from the merger...
Sort of what I am expecting. We shall see.
Valued Member
United States
311 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2018  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Actually the BEP doesn't have too many products other than sheets of notes.

Actually, they do, but they haven't done a very good job marketing them. They have an ongoing Intaglio Print Program (souvenir cards) and many historic engravings available.

I got wind of this collaboration back in July and learned more about it after meeting with the BEP marketing folks at the ANA Philadelphia show. It's a pretty smart move for the Bureau. The Mint's mailing list is about 10 times larger and their ordering platform is far more robust.

There have already been a few coin+currency marketing tests and the next joint effort will be the 2019 intaglio print set honoring the 50th anniversary of the moon landing. This will tie-in with a Mint medal or coin on the same theme.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8807 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2018  11:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with you GregAlex that it's a smart move. I'm really excited to see what they come up with. Some of my favorite U.S. Mint products have been collaborations with the BEP so I hope this kick starts some excellent new issues/series.

My wallet, on the other hand, is not quite as excited.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1543 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2018  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kurrency Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I understand about the type of products that the BEP offers, what I should have stated is that their actual variety of items meant for circulation is limited. They don't offer star notes to purchase, you can't order a set of $1-$2-$5-$10-$20-$50-$100 notes for each series/district/signature/printing plant. The US Mint is able to offer this more focused collecting outcomes. That's what I meant.

KK
Learn More...
United States
63508 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2018  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for clarifying.

Quote:
you can't order a set of $1-$2-$5-$10-$20-$50-$100 notes for each series/district/signature/printing plant.
That would be cool. Expensive, but cool.
Pillar of the Community
United States
678 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2018  08:09 am  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BEP products (Defenders of Democracy Intaglio Print Collection, listed under commemoratives) are starting to show up on the Mint's website.
Learn More...
United States
63508 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2018  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, I am intrigued now. I do not need to start collecting paper, but it looks so good!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8807 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2018  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I do not need to start collecting paper...

"Need" has nothing to do with it, jbuck....
Learn More...
United States
63508 Posts
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05