Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Online Canadian Coin Grading Guide

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Canada
40 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2018  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim MacKenzie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To SPP-Ottawa:
I tried to send you an e-mail, but I guess I'm still considered a new member. As such I don't have the ability to e-mail. I'll try to send you a reply via your E-Bay ad...
Valued Member
Canada
175 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2018  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sir. Your work is outstanding, appreciated and will be of value for many years and for many to appreciate. You should give yourself credit on this work!

Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7850 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2018  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No need to get permission for images taken from E-Bay ads because once they are published on E-Bay they are effectively in the public domain

Absolutely and totally false.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1018 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2018  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is an incredible resource, thank you for creating and sharing.
Canada
40 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2018  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim MacKenzie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To DBM:
What I read was that you can use E-Bay images outside of E-Bay for educational purposes... I wish I had saved the link.

But in my case I have obtained e-mail permission for the majority of the E-Bay images I eventually used in the guide, and full written permission from the corporate sources.
Edited by Jim MacKenzie
09/23/2018 11:45 pm
Valued Member
Canada
454 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2018  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is fantastic! Well done! I only wish I had this years ago.
Valued Member
Canada
138 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2018  12:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't express how greatly I appreciate and what a help I hope this will continue to be for me and any other novices/amateurs
It gives us some measure of reassurance

thanks

Canada
40 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2018  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim MacKenzie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I added three lowball silver dollar images thanks to SPP-Ottawa...
Learn More...
Canada
8930 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2018  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have mail Jim MacKenzie, with higher resolution images...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Learn More...
Canada
8930 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2018  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe you might want to keep this one in mind, when you get there... (in one of my PCGS Registry Sets)

https://www.PCGS.com/cert/83805883
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Canada
40 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2018  12:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim MacKenzie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!! I'll get the better images imported tomorrow...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2349 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2018  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
although my collecting interest in prior to 1858 I sincerely applaud your effort.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
13679 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2018  03:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Jim MacKenzie
Impressionnant work! ...congratulations
Canada
40 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2018  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim MacKenzie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So how many posts do I have to publish before I get out of the New Member jail cell? lol
Canada
40 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2018  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim MacKenzie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do I graduate to regular member after 19 posts?
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05